Can Solar Activity Cause Earthquakes?

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
superiorstream

Re: Can Solar Activity Cause Earthquakes?

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Yes,thats what I observe ever since 1980-around that--and thats why I pursue it till today.I fact the recent NZ earthquake is preceded by a powerful m-class earth directed flare and earth current were measureable in magnitude and after that Japan also experience a quake(remember just like the 311 quake which is preceded by the NZ quake in Christchurch and days before,a x-class earth directed flare).
As for the weather,yes all these floods--Thailand;phillipines;Vietnam;Cambodia;India,Malaysia;Singapore were all preceded by the sudden appearence of a 'continuous bright band' on the north or south of the sun.Why;I dont know;but its a pattern I observe. I wish I know whats the triggering mechanism.Anyway no worries;the band is broken at least for now.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Big solar storm is coming. So any predictions?
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Choasknight
Well,no need to predict--already a sudden flashflood reported in Australia;earth underground current recorded in Europe;and sudden snowstorm in Southern China.Anyway more activities will be available from the sun and as you can see this sunspot 1401/1402 is one of the largest spotarea seen covering approx 800,000km x800,000km.Earthquake? I hope not as it always bring death;but I do hope people living in earthquake prone zone do exercise special care(within that 1--7 days) when the sun give off powerful flares and these WILL save thousands of lifes and thats my motive of bringing attention to that issue.Thanks.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

6.3 mag earthquake in Peru in approx 36 hrs after S2 class disturbances on earth occured.Thats--s2-- due to the recent activities on sunspot 1401/2.Note that max effect occured when flare is earth directed.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

X class flare on sunspot 1429 about 2 days ago and yesterday earthquake in the phillipines.Sunspot 1429 is showing a almost continuous bright glow that look like a 'crack' between its main spot.Fantastic stuff.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,
After an almost continuous round of disturbances from sunspot 1429---now just gone to the other side of the sun---and earth current reported in northern Europe approx 2 days ago; earthquake of mag. approx 6.1 hit northern Japan again yesterday night.
Do note that this period now --feb,Mar 2012--is suppost to be in the minimum of the mini cycle--and sunspot 1401/2 and sunspot 1429 group break the trend and hence more severe activities expected to come in the coming 2 to 3 months.Also,do note that for the past 6 months--since begining Aug 2011--the Sun is continuously spotted with sunspots.Thanks for taking note.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Still within the 7 days off to the other side,1429 flared 2 times and 2 days ago earth stormed by 'electrons' from the sun and beautiful strong aurora around both poles.Mexico experience a 6+ mag earthquake after that 'by coincidence'.