Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
ChaosKnight

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by ChaosKnight »

And one more thing. Your 'theory' as it stands now is unfortunately nothing more than pseudoscience. For example, it lacks any capability to make quantitative predictions, it is based on the existence of the aether, and you assert the conclusions from the Michelson-Morley experiment are wrong, among numerous things.

And you should know the community at large tend to view pseudoscientists as crackpots.
Vincent_WF wrote: I was very touched last week when Mr. Au mentioned that he had been presenting UVS to the public, and now hearing you asserting this, it is very heartwarming.
Are you implying Mr Au endorses your 'theory' to the extent he's pushing it on the public? Now, I don’t claim to know Mr Au personally, but I’ve spoken to him before. I also know he’s a professional and a reputable figure in the local amateur astronomy scene. If you are implying Mr Au endorses your ‘theory’, including the pseudoscientific aspects, when he clearly does not, then it’s a major transgression on your part.

But I may be wrong. Perhaps Mr Au has found the diamond in the sand and has seen something I missed. Perhaps Mr Au does endorse your 'theory' in its entirety. If so, someone please correct me.
Vincent_WF

Post by Vincent_WF »

ChaosKnight wrote: So is this a theory or not?
"Archimedes was possibly the first scientist that is known to have described nature with axioms (or principles) and then deduce new results from them. He thus tried to describe "everything" starting from a few axioms. Any "theory of everything" is similarly expected to be based on axioms and to deduce all observable phenomena from them." - An excerpt from Wikipedia on "Theory of everything"

All theory of everything (ToE) so far as known are hypotheses of nature, be it conceived in the discipline of epistemology, or theoretical physics, construed with their own philosophy of science.

You raised many issues; however, I will just focus on one main issue at the moment. I believe by resolving this, the consequences of the slippery slope fallacy, be it yours or mine, would be autonomously resolved.

I agree with your proposed scientific inquiry with an order of magnitude estimate, can analytically conclude the momentum shift required to deflect the ion tail of a comet to be on the same order of magnitude as the solar wind pressure, especially with fast moving comets.

Nonetheless, your this method of inquiry is flawed for the case of Comet 96p/Machholz that had made several visits near the Sun. What you had proposed is merely the a posteriori techniques of quantitative prediction for quantifying and predicting the behavior of physical objects as empirically observed, and it is a fool's errant because it cannot conclusively prove that this is the reality of the observation without first proving the axioms of its a priori posit. You just simply assume the fundamental cause; there was no proof for the fundamental cause you had proposed.

Moreover, without considering the observed anomaly, it is irrational to be so adamant about the proposed analysis can yield conclusive scientific proof to explain the observations as per se.

Recapitulating, in 2002, 2007 and 2012, Comet 96P/Machholz was at perihelion at approximately the same maximum speed and approximately the same distance from the Sun. In 2002, the gas tail deflection at perihelion was perpendicular to the alignment of the Sun and the nucleus of the comet, this demonstrated an anomaly as compared to its gas tail deflection in 2007 and 2012, which were observed to be almost aligned to the alignment of the Sun and the nucleus of the comet; your argument with the postulation of momentum shift is the primary cause for the gas tail deflections of Comet 96P/Machholz as observed is untenable.

It was near to solar minimum in 2007, yet the gas tail of Comet 96P/Machholz was quite aligned with the Sun at perihelion. It was near the solar maximum in 2002, yet the gas tail of the comet at perihelion was perpendicular to the Sun and the nucleus of the comet alignment. Your argument with the postulation of solar wind pressure primarily causes the gas tail deflections of Comet 96P/Machholz as observed, is also untenable.

There are more anomalies of Comet 96P/Machholz in their case studies that would also conclusively debunk your propositions, but I will only highlight two here. These are already more than sufficient for the qualitative analysis in its empiricism that refer to reality with the provision of empirical evidence; you did not provide any empirical evidence with your delusory postulations.

These resolves for the paradoxes are really very simple to understand; even the average high school physics students would have the cognizance for the basic qualitative analysis.

Although the UVS qualitative prediction for the deflected comet gas tail as per se might be eventually falsified, it would not be by this fallacious proposition of yours that you so adamantly insist, which can only promote its illusion of knowing in its cognitive paradox that insidiously corrupts its perception.

Unless you have new evidence or new insights to suggest otherwise, I am done with reviewing this flawed analysis of yours, and reject the postulations that suggest the comet tail deflections for Comet 96P/Machholz were primarily caused by the momentum shift of comet interacting with solar wind pressure. Your proposal was severely lacking on the epistemology process of scientific inquiry, and I suggest you should investigate your flawed reasoning process and the cargo cult science you are professing. Anyone keen to explore the fallacies of the proposal can pm me for the details of the qualitative analysis and the supporting facts gathered from reputed official sources.

It's good to rationally inquire into every aspect of a proposition whether dialectically or pedagogically to rigorously test a hypothesis like what you are trying to do here. But if you adamantly stick with the fundamental of conventional knowledge to review this UVS hypothesis against advice, and not consider its paradigm shift at all, IMHO, you would inevitably spot numerous contradictions in the UVS propositions against conventional knowledge with your filtering process. And one who argues these on different premises can never arrive constructively to any concrete conclusion at all.

In the UVS context, the BOTSS, or the dual-core magnetic Ring Center as postulated, is a vortical resonant in the center of the Heliosphere with all known and unknown stuff in the Solar System vortex impelled by the dual-core Galactic Center in the Milky Way galactic vortex. It correlates with the barycenter coordinate of the Solar System, but this does not embody the postulated dual-core magnetic Ring Center. Not enough for this entity was known at the moment for me to be very specific about it, but we think its effects were manifested in several empirical observations; there are sufficient grounds in the UVS context for making its inference that could be proven or falsified with proper inquiries. And this dual-core magnetic Ring Center is consistently based on the UVS model, and it was also coherent in the UVS worldview.

We had weeded out numerous errors and misconceptions of the UVS postulations and propositions in qualitative rigors with good public feedback, as well as with new empirical evidence gathered, and are still continuing to do so as a standard practice. I am sure there are still lots of error and blind spots in UVS that are yet to be uncovered and then relearn from their verified reviews; we are agnostic on any of the UVS qualitative predictions or the UVS postulations.

As for the postulation of aether in UVS, you should read up on "Waves structure of matter" by Dr. Milo Wolff, who was a former Professor of physics in NUS. His this aether-based theory won him the 2010 Sagnac Award by Natural Philosophy Alliance. If I were to publish my work, I would do it there; no thanks to those physics journals that had discriminately rejected the work of Satyendra Nath Bose on the original Bose-Einstein Condensate with prejudice.

And you are asserting false dichotomies with rants in equivocation to make the case for your false accusations with your prejudice and discrimination; please refrain from such trolling acts and trolling is against the rules of this forum. If you have a rational point of view supported with evidence or proof for discussion, or have a constructive suggestion to offer, you should succinctly present it for consideration like a man of science, instead of making ad hominem assaults that seem to be irrationally flustered in your cognitive dissonance when your obvious error was indicated to you. I will not take the words for it on those oxymoron rants of yours, or be bothered at all to respond to those remarks that stoop so low. Please keep whatever stuff you are smoking to yourself, I know some sad people enjoy it, can get high but also becomes reckless with it, so I wanted to stay more than an arm length away from those puffs.

Peace out.
Last edited by Vincent_WF on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
- The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.
- By realizing the paradoxical effect of nature, it enlightens on how natural phenomena could be negated to render their delusions in a typical obfuscated manner.
Dark Neptune
Favourite scope: Sky-Watcher SkyMax 90mm, Coronado PST

Post by Dark Neptune »

Hello once again ChaosKnight, good to hear from you,
ChaosKnight wrote: Firstly, if you do an order of magnitude estimate, you will find the momentum shift required to deflect the ion tail of a comet to be on the same order of magnitude as the solar wind pressure. This is especially true of fast moving comets (~70km/s, e.g. Halley) and comets with dense ion tails (~100x the solar wind density). Inertia and solar wind pressure are about equally strong. Therefore, it is expected the ion tail will point in the general direction away from the sun, but not always directly away from the sun.
To follow up on Vincent’s latest reply to you, if you still insist on the fallacious assertions of your previous post that the comet gas tail deflection were due to solar wind and inertia, may I kindly request you to provide any evidence or solid grounds to debunk all of the Comet 96/P Machholz footage empirical evidences from NASA’s SOHO satellite, if you have any?
ChaosKnight wrote:Also, I’d like to point out I’m also taking time off from my busy schedule to discuss and help you refine your ‘theory’.
That is in your opinion. That you think you are refining the theory, when all you are doing is merely showcasing your ignorance of what was explicitly stipulated in my OP since Day 1 of this thread, and I shall quote the section down here for you:
Dark Neptune wrote:This thread here explores an alternate hypothesis based on a vortical Solar System model to resolve these comets’ anomalies. Readers should be forewarned that what is stated in this thread are not based on mainstream physics; anyone finding insights for the presented issue based on mainstream physics perspective is unlikely to find this thread suitable for their inquiries and discussion.
Your supposed attempts at refining UVS are merely nothing more than saliently moribund attempts from the perspective of mainstream science suffering foundational crises by attempting to execute a posteriori posits without proving the a priori posits in the first place, as already stated by Vincent in his above post.
ChaosKnight wrote: Are you implying Mr Au endorses your 'theory' to the extent he's pushing it on the public? Now, I don’t claim to know Mr Au personally, but I’ve spoken to him before. I also know he’s a professional and a reputable figure in the local amateur astronomy scene. If you are implying Mr Au endorses your ‘theory’, including the pseudoscientific aspects, when he clearly does not, then it’s a major transgression on your part.
In this most recent post, you went across the line by bringing in Mr. Au, an innocent party, into this discussion. If you already very much knew Mr. Au is a professional and reputable figure in Singapore’s amateur astronomy scene, may I nicely ask what was the oxygen that supplied your guts to drag him into this? Do you possess a lack of any respect for reputable astronomers such as Mr. Au that he merits a warrant to be dragged into this? I have met and known Mr. Au since 2007 when he did sidewalk astronomy sessions just outside the Singapore Science Observatory on several Friday nights before, and I can tell you that you should be fortunate he did not come to this forum thread to knock you down on that incriminatory statement of yours; for you are not only insinuating Vincent and I being crackpots for endorsing supposedly “pseudoscience”, you are also insinuating Mr. Au is a crackpot for endorsing UVS. If you check one of Gary’s posts in page one of this thread, he explicitly mentioned Mr. Au even told him about UVS months before Vincent and I met Gary and introduced him to UVS. Is that not explicit evidence from another person's account that Mr. Au is indeed endorsing UVS to the public?

And if you scroll down to the bottom of the main UVS page; you find names of several scientists with undeniable academic credentials that do not make statements lightly; if they voiced support for UVS, a “pseudoscience” as you claim, then by your own words.......

.….you are labeling all of them crackpots for supporting this “pseudoscience”.

Such Ad Hominem remarks must not be tolerated on such forums. And you have been on this forum long enough to not require me to remind you, that such personal attacks are against the rules of this forum.
Thanks.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Vincent_WF wrote: And you are asserting false dichotomies with rants in equivocation to make the case for your false accusations with your prejudice and discrimination; please refrain from such trolling acts and trolling is against the rules of this forum. If you have a rational point of view supported with evidence or proof for discussion, or have a constructive suggestion to offer, you should succinctly present it for consideration like a man of science, instead of making ad hominem assaults that seem to be irrationally flustered in your cognitive dissonance when your obvious error was indicated to you. I will not take the words for it on those oxymoron rants of yours, or be bothered at all to respond to those remarks that stoop so low. Please keep whatever stuff you are smoking to yourself, I know some sad people enjoy it, can get high but also becomes reckless with it, so I wanted to stay more than an arm length away from those puffs.
Hi Vincent_WF.

Unfortunately your latest post is too long, and i have a busy schedule. However i had a brief glance through it, and I'm disappointed you took my criticisms too personally. I'd like to assure you there is nothing personal about it. Please note that i'm merely raising criticisms and questions others will raise if you attempt to publish your work.

And please do know the scientific community can be rather critical at times, and the comments you will be getting will not be as nicely phased as mine. I'm sure you already know that from reading comments from the other forums you posted in.
Dark Neptune wrote: Readers should be forewarned that what is stated in this thread are not based on mainstream physics; anyone finding insights for the presented issue based on mainstream physics perspective is unlikely to find this thread suitable for their inquiries and discussion.
Hi Dark Neptune,

I think you have a gross misunderstanding of where i'm coming from. To me there is no real line separating mainstream science from alternative science. The line, however, is in dividing what works and what doesn't work. The reason is simple: a person that proposes a new theory/method/idea that works will have all the first-mover advantages, and i'm sure you know what those advantages are. This is the impetus driving science.

I'm merely trying to help you understand the deficiencies in your 'theory' and help you remedy them. Your 'theory' as it stands now, for various reasons, simply doesn't work.
Dark Neptune wrote: That is in your opinion. That you think you are refining the theory...
You made changes to your website based on the discussion here, didn't you? So wouldn't you say i helped you refine your ideas and therefore your theory?
Dark Neptune wrote: In this most recent post, you went across the line by bringing in Mr. Au, an innocent party, into this discussion. If you already very much knew Mr. Au is a professional and reputable figure in Singapore’s amateur astronomy scene, may I nicely ask what was the oxygen that supplied your guts to drag him into this? Do you possess a lack of any respect for reputable astronomers such as Mr. Au that he merits a warrant to be dragged into this? I have met and known Mr. Au since 2007 when he did sidewalk astronomy sessions just outside the Singapore Science Observatory on several Friday nights before, and I can tell you that you should be fortunate he did not come to this forum thread to knock you down on that incriminatory statement of yours; for you are not only insinuating Vincent and I being crackpots for endorsing supposedly “pseudoscience”, you are also insinuating Mr. Au is a crackpot for endorsing UVS. If you check one of Gary’s posts in page one of this thread, he explicitly mentioned Mr. Au even told him about UVS months before Vincent and I met Gary and introduced him to UVS. Is that not explicit evidence from another person's account that Mr. Au is indeed endorsing UVS to the public?

And if you scroll down to the bottom of the main UVS page; you find names of several scientists with undeniable academic credentials that do not make statements lightly; if they voiced support for UVS, a “pseudoscience” as you claim, then by your own words.......

.….you are labeling all of them crackpots for supporting this “pseudoscience”.
Please note my exact words: "And you should know the community at large tend to view pseudoscientists as crackpots."

It doesn't matter what i think of, or how i label someone. What matters is what the community thinks of, or labels, someone, based on your name dropping.

I must say i'm astounded, but i'll take your word for it: Mr Au does fully endorse your 'UVS' theory, including the pseudoscientific aspects.
And if Mr Au does say anything about the aether in line with your 'theory', or that comets' ion tails point away from some mystic barycenter or magnetic double ring, then i'm sorry to say i can't take him seriously. And you are welcome to ask him here to 'knock me down.'

Vincent_WF mentioned a certain Milo Wolff. I did a google search. Under Related Searches (shows up in safari, but somehow not in IE), there are:

milo wolff criticism
milo wolff wikipedia
milo wolff wave structure of matter
milo wolff crackpot
milo wolff fredell
milk wolff facebook
grace milo wolff
milo wolff structure

My point here is this: a man may have done respectable work in the past, but if his ideas become too outlandish, the community forms certain opinions and his reputation takes a hit.

For all the forumers who have been following this thread, I'd suggest you take a look at the UVS website if you have not done so: http://uvs-model.com/
Then ask yourself, do you understand what is being said? Do you agree with it? Are the claims of the theory too over-the-top to be acceptable?
Then judge for yourself if this should be considered pseudoscience or good science that works out but is merely poorly communicated or presented.

Then decide if you would like to be seen presenting this to the public or scientific community.

Personally i can't understand >75% of what is being said, but that's just me, and i don't consider myself particularly bright. And i certainly wouldn't be presenting or endorsing it as a 'theory' in any way, least it destroys my scientific career.
Dark Neptune

Post by Dark Neptune »

ChaosKnight wrote: You made changes to your website based on the discussion here, didn't you? So wouldn't you say i helped you refine your ideas and therefore your theory?
Once again, greetings ChaosKnight, and thank you for your reply.

I must say, I really admire your enthusiasm in burning the midnight oil past 2am in your past weekend to reply to our posts, despite your busy schedule.

Now then as you had so claimed, can you quote all the exact words, sentences, paragraphs, images or any pertinent animations as well as the UVS webpages that were changed in response to your supposed refinements of UVS?

A sincere thank you for pasting the link to the main UVS webpage in your previous post, but given your busy schedule, you should not have taken the liberty to have presented UVS; as I already explicitly given the link to the page in my OP.
Thanks.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Dark Neptune wrote: Once again, greetings ChaosKnight, and thank you for your reply.
I must say, I really admire your enthusiasm in burning the midnight oil past 2am in your past weekend to reply to our posts, despite your busy schedule.
No thanks necessary. Sometimes i work throughout the night, and take breaks to surf the web.
Dark Neptune wrote: Now then as you had so claimed, can you quote all the exact words, sentences, paragraphs, images or any pertinent animations as well as the UVS webpages that were changed in response to your supposed refinements of UVS?
I'll just quote one example:

"Note: It was labeled as a magnetic Ring Center because this entity was postulated to significantly perturb the magnetic field of the Sun, and even causes the periodical magnetic reversal of the Sun, but it is not a magnetic dipole by itself."

And there's some addition on the Fomulhaut star thing too. If you'd like to know more, please ask your 'friend' Vincent.
Vincent_WF wrote: We had weeded out numerous errors and misconceptions of the UVS postulations and propositions in qualitative rigors with good public feedback, as well as with new empirical evidence gathered, and are still continuing to do so as a standard practice. I am sure there are still lots of error and blind spots in UVS that are yet to be uncovered and then relearn from their verified reviews; we are agnostic on any of the UVS qualitative predictions or the UVS postulations.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Guys
Its ok to discuss spiritedly on astronomy topics here but please do keep the opinions non-personal. You can disagree and postulate an alternative views but stick to the topic rather than target the person. We want to keep the forum friendly :)
Thanks
- Mod
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Vincent_WF

Post by Vincent_WF »

ChaosKnight wrote:
Dark Neptune wrote: Now then as you had so claimed, can you quote all the exact words, sentences, paragraphs, images or any pertinent animations as well as the UVS webpages that were changed in response to your supposed refinements of UVS?
I'll just quote one example:

"Note: It was labeled as a magnetic Ring Center because this entity was postulated to significantly perturb the magnetic field of the Sun, and even causes the periodical magnetic reversal of the Sun, but it is not a magnetic dipole by itself."

And there's some addition on the Fomulhaut star thing too. If you'd like to know more, please ask your 'friend' Vincent.
Your four terms fallacy in the rants of magnetic dipole did resulted in the insertion of a note to clarify the magnetic Ring Center is not a dipole. This was despite there was never explicitly mentioned that it imply the magnetic Ring Center is a magnetic dipole, but it is now obvious to us that you were deploying your strawman argument. In review, this insertion did nothing other than cluttered the webpage, so the remark on it was not a magnetic dipole was now removed; you had actually done a disservice to the research as your contribution for it.

Unfortunately, you merely stated that the spoke lines of star Fomalhaut were artifacts of diffraction rays without substantiated proof. The observation of spokes that were apparently pointed to the Ring Center was simply dismissed by you, and you also failed to explain the empirically observed circumstellar disk with the inferred Ring Center in it; you were plainly spouting nonsense. Sorry dude, I cannot see you have any merit in this as well.

You claimed to have had contributed to the refinement of my "Theory" on these? I don't think so.

However, if you are correct, please go tell Dr. Quillen there is no need to hypothesize the dust ring as a hydrodynamic structure, he is also a crackpot by your definition and so don't waste taxpayer money sending more space probe, and the other telescopes as well as the ALMA radio telescopes were in fact seeing artifact. And perhaps also tell them it is better if they hire you as their chief scientist.
ChaosKnight wrote:Your 'theory' as it stands now is unfortunately nothing more than pseudoscience.
More than ever, it is now obvious that ChaosKnight had clearly demonstrated the characteristic of an Internet hooligan with an arrogance of having possessed absolute scientific knowledge.

For all the forum members who have been following O:IB, I suggest you scrutinize his posts in this thread. Then ask yourself, was his proposal of the scientific inquiry valid? Do you agree with it? Are the reasoning and logic sound or are paradoxically flawed to be acceptable at all?

Then judge for yourself if the proposed scientific inquiry presented by ChaosKnight should be considered cargo cult science or good science that works out but is merely poorly communicated or presented.

Then decide if you would buy anything from this person or the stuff he endorsed.

And does the members here want to accede to such demonstrated rogue culture he is promoting for SingAstro?

For those without prejudice who are interested to explore into how ChaosKnight had deliberately committed more than a dozen of formal and informal fallacies in this thread, you can pm me for the details.
ChaosKnight wrote:And i certainly wouldn't be presenting or endorsing it as a 'theory' in any way, least it destroys my scientific career.
I have been receiving PM from other members on some issues about you, and one was that you said in this forum you was a poly dropout in 2008. Did you really have a scientific career? If you do, I hope you have not been misleading people with your flawed logic and cargo cult science like you had presented in this thread.

This is nothing personal, and I believe you understand.

I'm merely trying to help you understand the deficiencies in your 'theory' and logic to help you remedy them. Your 'theory' and logic as they now stood, for various reasons, simply cannot make it.

Peace out.
- The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.
- By realizing the paradoxical effect of nature, it enlightens on how natural phenomena could be negated to render their delusions in a typical obfuscated manner.
Dark Neptune

Post by Dark Neptune »

ChaosKnight wrote:
Hello once again,

To follow up on Vincent’s latest post, neither he nor I took your criticism personally. It is in your opinion that you thought we did. However, both of us are now cognizant you have a long history of launching disrespectful negative personal remarks flaming at members of the SingAstro forums and drawing the attention of the forum moderators for less than pleasant reasons; thus we cannot be taking you seriously.

As ostensible in;

- A post of yours dating back to Thursday, 13 December 2007, 9:00pm on page 3 of the “Astronomy as a career” thread that was deleted by the forum administrators for rude remarks.

- Your posts in the “Origin of life” thread dating back to November 2007, where your discussion merited a thread lock where you even violated the rules of SingAstro forums by making religious-based comments in reply to other members in pages 2 and 3.

- Your now-locked “Earth at the Center of the Universe” thread in August 2007 where you made disrespectful replies to members, especially to an administrator of this forum.

- Your Monday, 20 March 2006, 10:11 pm post where you went off topic in page 3 of the “NTU/NUS Astronomy Challenge 2006” thread by overreacting to a member’s comments despite him speaking in a neutral tone. And that contributed to that thread also meriting a lock.

It is not even remotely in Vincent’s or my interests to engage in such discussions with you. We want to this thread to be polite, constructive and ultimately to not bring in innocent parties into this thread and tarnish their reputations by labeling them crackpots as apparent in your, ChaosKnight, own strawman argument-infested posts. As OP of this thread, I kindly ask you, to abide by the rules of the SingAstro forums, take Airconvent’s advice, remove those flaming remarks in your posts, and stop derailing my thread.

This thread is entirely about the Operation: ISON Barycentrism portion of UVS, its purpose was to invite members of this forum to witness a possible paradigm-shifting discovery.

After your cargo cult science proposal was unequivocally debunked, you shifted the goal pole to attack UVS issues that were immaterial to O:IB to justify your opinions, and disgustingly made all sorts of ad hominem remarks directed at Vincent and I. All sensible science forums view shifting the goal pole and making ad hominem utterances as despicable acts, so such perpetrators cannot expect members to respect or take them seriously.

You could have PM’d either one of us about this instead of posting such opinions of UVS in this thread and going off-topic. But as of now, it is obvious you are derailing this thread.

That as well is evidence that you are not cooperating with the posting etiquette and demonstrated reckless arrogance.

You even went so overboard and brought the attention of this forum’s moderators and administrator(s) by driving them up the wall to thread-lock your “Earth at the Center of the Universe” thread in August 2007 for going off-topic and also for inflaming the feelings of other members in other threads, as aforementioned.

However in this thread, I sincerely hope you stop similar acts. As already evident by Airconvent’s reminder in this thread, stop these acts now.
Thanks.
ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight »

Vincent_WF wrote: Your four terms fallacy in the rants of magnetic dipole did resulted in the insertion of a note to clarify the magnetic Ring Center is not a dipole. This was despite there was never explicitly mentioned that it imply the magnetic Ring Center is a magnetic dipole, but it is now obvious to us that you were deploying your strawman argument. In review, this insertion did nothing other than cluttered the webpage, so the remark on it was not a magnetic dipole was now removed; you had actually done a disservice to the research as your contribution for it.
Hi, the reason i why i thought you are referring to a magnetic dipole is because any magnetic structure has to be at least a dipole, since a monopole can't exist.
Vincent_WF wrote: Unfortunately, you merely stated that the spoke lines of star Fomalhaut were artifacts of diffraction rays without substantiated proof. The observation of spokes that were apparently pointed to the Ring Center was simply dismissed by you, and you also failed to explain the empirically observed circumstellar disk with the inferred Ring Center in it; you were plainly spouting nonsense. Sorry dude, I cannot see you have any merit in this as well.

However, if you are correct, please go tell Dr. Quillen there is no need to hypothesize the dust ring as a hydrodynamic structure, he is also a crackpot by your definition and so don't waste taxpayer money sending more space probe, and the other telescopes as well as the ALMA radio telescopes were in fact seeing artifact. And perhaps also tell them it is better if they hire you as their chief scientist.
I can understand why the ring can be modelled as a hydrodynamic structure. Dr Quillen has probably converted the usual gravity equations into equations resembling the Navier Stokes, therefore the usual methods for solving traditional fluid problems apply. Those dealing with fluid problems will know this.

But i still don't see why a hydrodynamic model suggests the existence of your 'magnetic ring center'.
Vincent_WF wrote: I have been receiving PM from other members on some issues about you, and one was that you said in this forum you was a poly dropout in 2008. Did you really have a scientific career? If you do, I hope you have not been misleading people with your flawed logic and cargo cult science like you had presented in this thread.
I admit i never did very well in my studies, but please judge what i say on whether i make sense or not, rather than on my academic credentials.

The rest of your post are mostly personal attacks, but i'd like to just talk about your theory instead of focus on those, which are counterproductive.

edit: I had a little time, so i chased down the original article on this. Apparently only the hydrostatic principles were used to obtain the velocity distribution, but i just glanced through it so i may be wrong in how the equations are formulated.
And i happened across this:

"The white dot in the center of the image marks the star's location. The region around Fomalhaut's location is black because astronomers used the Advanced Camera's coronagraph to block out the star's bright glare so that the dim planet could be seen. Fomalhaut b is 1 billion times fainter than its star. The radial streaks are scattered starlight. The red dot at lower left is a background star."
Source: http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archiv ... 9/image/a/

Please note that i should not be the one checking your facts for you. This is YOUR theory, therefore YOU should do the due diligence, not me or any one else.
And again, please be responsible. All Dr Quillen said in the paper was the suggestion of a planet, and she backed it up with order-of-magnitude analysis. To suggest her research supports your view that the radial spokes point towards a 'magnetic ring center', when it clearly doesn't, reflects badly on both you and her.
Last edited by ChaosKnight on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.