Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Post Reply
ChaosKnight
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:54 pm

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by ChaosKnight »

Dark Neptune wrote:
ChaosKnight wrote:
Hello once again,

To follow up on Vincent’s latest post, neither he nor I took your criticism personally. It is in your opinion that you thought we did. However, both of us are now cognizant you have a long history of launching disrespectful negative personal remarks flaming at members of the SingAstro forums and drawing the attention of the forum moderators for less than pleasant reasons; thus we cannot be taking you seriously.

As ostensible in;

- A post of yours dating back to Thursday, 13 December 2007, 9:00pm on page 3 of the “Astronomy as a career” thread that was deleted by the forum administrators for rude remarks.

- Your posts in the “Origin of life” thread dating back to November 2007, where your discussion merited a thread lock where you even violated the rules of SingAstro forums by making religious-based comments in reply to other members in pages 2 and 3.

- Your now-locked “Earth at the Center of the Universe” thread in August 2007 where you made disrespectful replies to members, especially to an administrator of this forum.

- Your Monday, 20 March 2006, 10:11 pm post where you went off topic in page 3 of the “NTU/NUS Astronomy Challenge 2006” thread by overreacting to a member’s comments despite him speaking in a neutral tone. And that contributed to that thread also meriting a lock.


It is not even remotely in Vincent’s or my interests to engage in such discussions with you. We want to this thread to be polite, constructive and ultimately to not bring in innocent parties into this thread and tarnish their reputations by labeling them crackpots as apparent in your, ChaosKnight, own strawman argument-infested posts. As OP of this thread, I kindly ask you, to abide by the rules of the SingAstro forums, take Airconvent’s advice, remove those flaming remarks in your posts, and stop derailing my thread.

This thread is entirely about the Operation: ISON Barycentrism portion of UVS, its purpose was to invite members of this forum to witness a possible paradigm-shifting discovery.

After your cargo cult science proposal was unequivocally debunked, you shifted the goal pole to attack UVS issues that were immaterial to O:IB to justify your opinions, and disgustingly made all sorts of ad hominem remarks directed at Vincent and I. All sensible science forums view shifting the goal pole and making ad hominem utterances as despicable acts, so such perpetrators cannot expect members to respect or take them seriously.

You could have PM’d either one of us about this instead of posting such opinions of UVS in this thread and going off-topic. But as of now, it is obvious you are derailing this thread.

That as well is evidence that you are not cooperating with the posting etiquette and demonstrated reckless arrogance.

You even went so overboard and brought the attention of this forum’s moderators and administrator(s) by driving them up the wall to thread-lock your “Earth at the Center of the Universe” thread in August 2007 for going off-topic and also for inflaming the feelings of other members in other threads, as aforementioned.

However in this thread, I sincerely hope you stop similar acts. As already evident by Airconvent’s reminder in this thread, stop these acts now.
Hi, i'm going to let your personal attacks slide, because it's not in the best interest of anyone.

Since you looked through my threads i'm sure you came across this one: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5360&start=0
Do note here the paths of planets resembling vortices. However they come about merely because of a shift in reference frames, and does not constitute a whole new worldview.

ChaosKnight
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:54 pm

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by ChaosKnight »

Now, Vincent, someone mentioned to me a rather severe transgression on your part.

This is in relation to the Fomulhaut star:


Your image of the Fomulhaut star:

Image

The original text:
Image

Now, you knew very well the streaks were not plasma streams even in that early version of the text. You knew very well right from the start those are scattered light, because you took the image which looked like this:
Image

and cropped off the part labeled "scattered light noise".

I don't wish to be mean and call anyone names, but this manipulation of data borders on dishonesty.

Dark Neptune
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 am
Favourite scope: Sky-Watcher SkyMax 90mm, Coronado PST

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by Dark Neptune »

Hello all, I have another update relevant to O:IB thread with some tidbits you could indulge in! ^_^

Image

Latest image taken from http://www.cometisonnews.com/ update, credit them for that. There's our dear ISON darling heading towards us people! As of this post, only another 2.5 more months! :)


And also, for updates on the possible magnitude we SingAstro ppl are going to see for ISON, here's a link: http://isoncampaign.org/how-bright-is-ison



Peace out! :)
Thanks.

superiorstream
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,All
Lets all enjoy our day and night sky more than spend our time arguing about theory and hypothesis.The sun,till today is too complex to understand and DEFINITELY more experimental data needed.The whole trouble is ,nowadays,cut here,cut there to spend on arms and weapons--both research into human killing machine and cities destroying bombs.I personally think that more probes should be sent to explore comet and suns--for one,no one knows for sure how /why comets Holmes suddenly flare up in 2007!
Another example is --why the 11 year sunspot cycle?something to do with sizes or type of star?or what.Why for that matter cause the magnetic field of the earth?--due to a new state of matter due to high pressure/temperature?Why core of certain planet cool down?Too many unanswered!Well,lets enjoy the day and night sky for the time being--until the big boys --are willing to spend money into such theortical exploration and less in human killing machine--then we may have the answers to those unexplained questions.Thanks.

User avatar
bornfree
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:03 pm
Favourite scope: Still searching for "The Eye"

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by bornfree »

yeah, how about we wait for the comet to swing by, observe put all the data together n see what we can learn from that
Born to be Free

User avatar
Vincent_WF
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by Vincent_WF »

superiorstream wrote:Hi,All
Lets all enjoy our day and night sky more than spend our time arguing about theory and hypothesis.The sun,till today is too complex to understand and DEFINITELY more experimental data needed.The whole trouble is ,nowadays,cut here,cut there to spend on arms and weapons--both research into human killing machine and cities destroying bombs.I personally think that more probes should be sent to explore comet and suns--for one,no one knows for sure how /why comets Holmes suddenly flare up in 2007!
Another example is --why the 11 year sunspot cycle?something to do with sizes or type of star?or what.Why for that matter cause the magnetic field of the earth?--due to a new state of matter due to high pressure/temperature?Why core of certain planet cool down?Too many unanswered!Well,lets enjoy the day and night sky for the time being--until the big boys --are willing to spend money into such theortical exploration and less in human killing machine--then we may have the answers to those unexplained questions.Thanks.
Absolutely agree with your pacifism point of view.

And lets all just enjoy our day and night sky.

Really no point spending our time arguing about theory and hypothesis indeed.

I second your "I personally think that more probes should be sent to explore comet and sun."
Last edited by Vincent_WF on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.
- By realizing the paradoxical effect of nature, it enlightens on how natural phenomena could be negated to render their delusions in a typical obfuscated manner.

User avatar
Vincent_WF
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by Vincent_WF »

bornfree wrote:yeah, how about we wait for the comet to swing by, observe put all the data together n see what we can learn from that
Hi bornfree, thanks for the fresh air!

Good suggestion on observe and put all the data together n see what we can learn when the comet swing by. :)

Nice signature.
- The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.
- By realizing the paradoxical effect of nature, it enlightens on how natural phenomena could be negated to render their delusions in a typical obfuscated manner.

superiorstream
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Vincent
Yes,in fact I sincerely hope more money being spent on research than today's situation--more and more spent on military hardware research to kill people and enhanced killing techniques like neutron bombs,drones,germwarfare,chemical weapons etc.For example--to the arguments of drainage systems on mars by marsians;its quickly resolved by a few space probes that there is no marsians.
In fact,arguments in the scientific areas lead to more advancement;more experiments;people building /thinking out more advanced equipment to test their ideas and hence REAL progress.In fact,I think,if we dont have all these wars,we would have landed on mars and living on the moon.sigh. [smilie=bad-atmosphere.gif] In the meantime,lets enjoy the day and night sky.Thanks.

mymoon
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:47 pm
Location: kuala lumpur

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by mymoon »

Yes apparently this November 2013 we may see not one but two comets

Click here

Cheers

Dark Neptune
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 am
Favourite scope: Sky-Watcher SkyMax 90mm, Coronado PST

Re: Operation: ISON Barycentrism for Comet ISON enthusiasts

Post by Dark Neptune »

mymoon wrote:Yes apparently this November 2013 we may see not one but two comets

Click here

Cheers
Hello mymoon, and welcome to the O:IB thread! Thank you very much for the link! Unfortunately, upon looking up on Comet C/2013 R1 Lovejoy's parabolic orbit on its JPL 3D Orbital Diagram, it comes nowhere as close to the Sun unlike other comets like ISON. And sadly, will be out of the FOV(Field-Of-View) of NASA SOHO's cameras for us to see its angle of gas tail deflection. I am unsure about the twin STEREO spacecrafts however.

But still, thank you for the heads up on this comet!

P.S. Comet 2P Encke will also be visible in November, but its orbit like the aforementioned Lovejoy, does not bring it as close to the Sun as others like ISON. So in total, we will be see three comets in the sky this November 2013. :)

Cheers!
Last edited by Dark Neptune on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks.

Post Reply