I am a newbie to astro

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

sure sure.. maybe we exchange contact.. if u have any event and i am free, i would be very pleased to join in.. :) :)
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

buying telescopes cannot rush one.. like i wanna get a scope in about june, until now still haven't got any. after looking into it, realized that buying a scope is not as easy as it seem. getting one that suits all your needs is even more difficult. have to look and look and as they say try the scopes to know what you really want. that's something i haven't do yet :(
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

oh and i live in tampines too. maybe after my exams we can go scope hunting together haha :)
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Believe it or not, i spent 3 years learning scope mechanics, knowing the different scopes out there and knowing my needs. And lotsa of sweat to earn the money!
Lucky WO came into market with THE FLT, else i would be having a TMB apo and slaving even longer!

Charlie
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

starfirez wrote:oh and i live in tampines too. maybe after my exams we can go scope hunting together haha :)
i dun think i can buy a scope here.. coz i am quite poor.. and now i am forced to buy the China scope that my parents are buying for me.. bcoz is very cheap but no choice.. if i say i dun wan that one, there wont be a chance for me to buy scope again....

i also love to go scope hunting with you but sorry... :cry: :cry:
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

Grievous wrote:Believe it or not, i spent 3 years learning scope mechanics, knowing the different scopes out there and knowing my needs. And lotsa of sweat to earn the money!
Lucky WO came into market with THE FLT, else i would be having a TMB apo and slaving even longer!

Charlie
HaHaHa.. good determination... 8)
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Don't worry... don't think "low" of china scope... I'm also using one and I'm sure a lots of people also using china scope... :) Actually, if you are interested in astronomy, you don't need a good scope... :D

Anyway, which scope did your parent are going buy???
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

actually i also dunno wat scope is that.. they just mention the appearance of the scope(which u know, all the scopes are about the same shape) and they said it can zoom to 400X!!! (which i dun really believe...)
and the most ridiculous is that the price is around S$150!!! damn manz..
if that scope is good, i think u all can go bang wall liao... S$150 for a good scope, is that crapping???
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

It's sure pulling the wool over your eyes then. The only place i've heard of such wild statements is over at Lucky Plaza. I'm sure some of us had seen the shop, uh? Other than that, it's gonna be an Edu-Science!
:lol:

Why not try out the Orion 80ED refractor? We are still looking for someone to use it and give us a review....

Charlie
IceAngel

Post by IceAngel »

80ED?? hmm.. my parents will only look at the price other than the specs... so too expensive, i can die liao :? :?

but hor... itz really that price.. coz my parents' friend bought one for his son.. and they said is good.. :roll: :roll:
Leslie
-10.11.03-
-25.03.06-