Possible Ob Site Near Woodleigh MRT

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
kayheem

Possible Ob Site Near Woodleigh MRT

Post by kayheem »

Hi all,

Some of you already know I stay around Sennet Estate. There was a cemetery off Upp Serangoon Rd that was recently exhumed and is now a popular place for jogging.

There is a hillock of sorts, and from the top, there is hardly any obstruction all round (maybe only 15 deg from horizon) except for a tree near the centre.

I recce-ed the area tonight and found that the sky condition was average for Singapore i.e. light polluted. Fortunately, much of the street lights and house lights were blocked by the trees around the place.

I took a panoramic view (180 deg) of the place and took a pic from Google Earth to show you guys the place.

There is a carpark nearby but it is full of cars and vans at night. Potong Pasir is within walking distance.

The tracks are in pretty good condition and you can probably move your equipment using a trolley.

Anyone game to try it out?

2 pics are in the zipped folder.

Kay Heem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hommel

Post by hommel »

I'll just add in the thumbnail version of the pics from Kay Heem.