Earth II hunt: planet found

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
vishnu88

Post by vishnu88 »

Clifford60 wrote:
yanyewkay wrote: NONE cross-compatible. eg: GSM and CDMA requires different decoding, FM and AM radios, TV and satellite, bluetooth, wifi, etc...
Most systems mentioned above travel very short distance, so can't reach space

Space or satellite comm x'mit in powerful microwave. The problem is coding method like E^2PRML, etc and modulation like PCM, etc which the alien whether more adv or otherwise may not match ours. The other thing is the signal path, just like a beam of light, did we hit the correct target. So, at the end may be NO comm with them. :cry: :cry:
Hi I a am a new member of Singastro forum I think it is worth it to send signals to this planet as it might contain aliens.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Hi I a am a new member of Singastro forum I think it is worth it to send signals to this planet as it might contain aliens.
Welcome to SingAstro!! :D :D

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

Clifford60 wrote:
yanyewkay wrote: NONE cross-compatible. eg: GSM and CDMA requires different decoding, FM and AM radios, TV and satellite, bluetooth, wifi, etc...
Most systems mentioned above travel very short distance, so can't reach space

Space or satellite comm x'mit in powerful microwave. The problem is coding method like E^2PRML, etc and modulation like PCM, etc which the alien whether more adv or otherwise may not match ours. The other thing is the signal path, just like a beam of light, did we hit the correct target. So, at the end may be NO comm with them. :cry: :cry:
yah.. i was referring to coding and modulation schemes. :oops: sorry I wasn't clear on that.