Solar Eclipse in China TODAY

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

Wow, thank you all for sharing your experience. I can't wait until the day I get to see a total solar eclipse myself. Being a student, with no income, I can't afford to get out to other countries just to view a solar eclipse.. Sure hope I can live long enough to look at the next total solar eclipse in Singapore, which will be on 7th October, 2135. While waiting for the total solar eclipse in Singapore 2135, I'll also be able to observe some partial solar eclipses, as well as lunar eclipses.

I'm more likely to travel overseas to catch a total solar eclipse instead of waiting until 2135, cause I don't think I'll live that long, lol. Anyway, I'm settling for a partial lunar eclipse on 17th August, since it's still an eclipse--although not as great as a total solar eclipse (or full lunar eclipses and partial solar eclipses).
universe24

Post by universe24 »

Hi all,

Here got one solar eclipse photo to share.
I am observe this at Jinta, Jiuquan. The sky was very clear during totality.
As a first timer to experience total solar eclipse, I am not forgot to remove the solar filter before totality...but I forgot to looking at duration of totality...I missed 3rd contact diamond ring and baily's Beads.

jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

universe24 wrote:Hi all,

Here got one solar eclipse photo to share.
I am observe this at Jinta, Jiuquan. The sky was very clear during totality.
As a first timer to experience total solar eclipse, I am not forgot to remove the solar filter before totality...but I forgot to looking at duration of totality...I missed 3rd contact diamond ring and baily's Beads.

Hi universe24,

Beautiful diamond ring! Good to hear you guys had clear sky at Jiuquan. You didn't follow the Mufu Forum's group to Xinjiang?

Best regards,
Jia Hao
Clear skies please...
universe24

Post by universe24 »

I didn't follow Bootes Forum to Xinjiang. Actually my original plan is to Balikun.
Due to some arrangement matter, I changed target to Jinta.
kohjb

Post by kohjb »

Hi,

It's been a while since the Solar Eclipse in China, but I finally managed to create a short 5 minute video that's up on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3EVERbx_c

I have a longer 15 minute version, as well as a DVD. If anyone's interested, can let me know.

Conments Feedback welcome !

Joo Beng.
Celestron 9.25SGT, Meade ETX125, Orion ED80
jiahao1986

Post by jiahao1986 »

kohjb wrote:Hi,

It's been a while since the Solar Eclipse in China, but I finally managed to create a short 5 minute video that's up on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3EVERbx_c

I have a longer 15 minute version, as well as a DVD. If anyone's interested, can let me know.

Conments Feedback welcome !

Joo Beng.
Hi Joo Beng,

Cool video! It's amazing that you had three (or two?) video cameras shooting at the same time. And the sky at your site was really clear.

I noticed in your video that your wife is using a refractor? How does the eclipse look through it?

Regards,
Jia Hao
Clear skies please...