UFOs seen in North of Singapore

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
mulia

Post by mulia »

Hi Neoterry,
Saw the wiki pic- the lights I saw are extremely small, not so huge like the clouds. I should emphasise it was about 3am at night, saw this long row of lights in an arc from the top of the HDB building going down towards the horizon ending at sembawang shipyards.

And its DEFINITELY NOT birds, its moving way to slowly to be birds, nor airplanes nor helicopters. very silent, and from where we are, it seems very very high up. The night was cloud free then.

A very very spectacular moment I must say. its a pity I didnt have any camcorders then.
chuang

Post by chuang »

wow I am happy for you
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
And its DEFINITELY NOT birds, its moving way to slowly to be birds, nor airplanes nor helicopters. very silent, and from where we are, it seems very very high up. The night was cloud free then.
If the object is flying around the same or opposite direction as you are looking, the speed will seem to be very, very slow.

Although we need to have an open mind, but we must also be objective. First, assume that any "strange object" you saw is something else. Slowly you try to explain what you saw from what you know one by one. Remember, if your mind think it's an UFO, anything will look like an UFO.

Just to share with you some "strange" objects I had seen that proved to be something else:
1) Last year on a night at around 8:30pm, I saw a very, very bright (may be around the same brightness as the Moon) golden object that stay stationary in the cloudless north-east sky.... around 20 - 30 degree above horizon. I know it's not Venus and Jupiter, because Venus will only appear in the west at night and the object was a lot brighter. I stay there and stare at it for half an hour wondering what it was... Finally, it reveal it's true identity... it's an aircraft flying towards me. The bright light was actually the landing light from the aircraft... it must be from quite far away as it remain stationery in the sky for more than half an hour. I only know it's an aircraft when it start moving toward south (should be landing at changi airport) and I saw the flashing red and green aircraft navigation light as the bright light dim down... waste my half an hour time. :( After that, I saw it a few more times, but I seldom see it's now.

2) On few of my observation session last year, I (some of singastro member that obs with me also saw it after that) saw a groups (5 or 6 dots) of colour lights (red and blue) stay nearly stationery in the northern sky... around 70 - 80 degree above horizon. It's move a bit, but stay at around the same location. After I observe it for a while, I think I know what it was... it's a kite. Not those remote control kite, but a normal kite with colour LEDs. I point my scope at it and confirm it's a kite as I can even saw the line from it.

3) A few nights ago, I saw a few patch of light moving silently above the cloudless sky. The patch of light was flashing green and blue and was quite fast. After observe it for a while, I realised it's an aircraft flying above the high cloud... the high cloud was not visible to naked eye, but was enough to diffuse the aircraft point size blinking light to a patch. It's change back to the usual point size light when the aircraft fly out the high cloud.

4) Last year, I saw something very similar to what you saw during my observation session. It's a group of white point light moving in the sky... sometime fast, sometime slow, sometime look stationary, change direction in sudden and even will change formation. I look in amaze for half an hour before I realised what it was... like what I mention, it was a flock of birds flying very high. I know it when the group start flying directly above me and I clearly saw the birds... :(

Anyway, I had seen a quite a number of "strange object" during my observation session, but it's all turn out to be birds, kites, aircrafts, satellites, iridium flares and etc. I do hope one day I can see something that I can't really explain up there.

Happy observing and have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Yes, I have a secret fantasy of seeing a true UFO, not from afar, but up close.

But so far it has not happened. :(

My conclusion is that if these aliens are advanced enough to fly through space to reach us, their technology would be sufficient to conceal them from our primitive detection devices, much less our eyes!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Fuzzball
Favourite scope: Celestron SCT Scopes

Post by Fuzzball »

UFO is true! read this book "The Hunt for Zero Point". about antigravity written by Nick Cook the editor of Jane defence weekly, a respectable organisation for defence articles. He says that the technology for UFO-like aircraft has been experiment since the 2nd world war and that Alien spacecraft are local not from outer space....!