Scope Hibernation..

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Canopus Lim

Scope Hibernation..

Post by Canopus Lim »

This monsoon period seems to be the worst in recent years.. I have yet to bring out my main telescope yet as the skies have been real real bad. In the past, although it is monsoon, there will be nights that have very good skies (for Spore that is). This time round there are only like one of two observable days and those nights are not even fantastic at all. Furthermore, Jupiter is setting and Saturn rises only in the wee mornings.

So guess my scope is hibernating longer than usual. Are your scopes hibernating too?
AstroDuck
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

my ap scope has been hibernating since the day it arrived in Singapore and I am already thinking of selling it.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

My 80ED is sleeping soundly in my new dry cabinet. Part of this is weather is my fault, I just managed to get everything together to mount this onto my EQ mount and now I can't get a decent night's sky.
anat

Post by anat »

It is the stargazing season for Myanmar and Thailand. Send them up here to fully utilize your toys :)
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

there are deep blue skies here every other day...but sometimes just too tired after work to do anything. scopes in spore are certainly in hibernation though!
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

rcj wrote:there are deep blue skies here every other day...but sometimes just too tired after work to do anything. scopes in spore are certainly in hibernation though!
Wow. Envious. Everytime when I look at the satellite map..Australia is just cloudless!
AstroDuck
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Mine are not only in hibernation, they are in deep stasis!

So much so that I am now drawing up projects with my scopes that I can do indoors!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
elton

Post by elton »

Tachyon wrote: So much so that I am now drawing up projects with my scopes that I can do indoors!
Interesting. Pray tell?
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

elton wrote:
Tachyon wrote: So much so that I am now drawing up projects with my scopes that I can do indoors!
Interesting. Pray tell?
One project is to measure the CAs of all my refractors using an artificial star like Nanostar or Picostar. First I need to order the device... :P
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

I have an 100micron artificial star. Wanna do this together?