Tonight's seeing

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,croys
Yes,yesterday night was a good one.Cloudless from 8pm till 2am--next day--fast condensation makes cloudy sky for 1/2 hr--then at 2:45 clear again till 4:30 am when a haze render the sky useless for obs.Really enjoy it; but have to forgo solar obs early morning.Too tired.Thanks.
wintertriangle22

Post by wintertriangle22 »

Hi croys,
I saw the hacking attempt by 'united albania hackers'
last night Surprised & worried but about 30 mins later the message disappeared & website was back to normal.Apparently the the hacking attempt failed. [smilie=blocked.gif]
andeelym

Post by andeelym »

From what I know, the bb passwords are MD5 hashed, so they will not be able to get anything useful from it. But I cannot say anything for the email address that they can harvest from the attack.
wintertriangle22

Post by wintertriangle22 »

Don't worry buddy, those guys are not coming back -this website is quite secure nothing much to steal anyway.With Email address I suppose they can only send spam, probably work of some fellows nothing better to do [smilie=sigh.gif]
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Thanks Croy. The site is ok again. I guess either Chee Chien or Weixing was online and cleared it up minutes after you posted your concern.
Thanks all! [smilie=bye.gif]
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets