what apple apps for ipad/iphone?

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
Pete
Favourite scope: Celestron NexStar 8SE

Post by Pete »

Yeah, the bottom line is that these apps are all very good in different ways and they only cost around $10 each. It's money well spent to buy a couple of them when you look at how useful they'll be, particularly if you take into account how much you've spent on the rest of your gear.
timatworksg

Post by timatworksg »

I agree that they are GREAT! Especially with the onset of the IPhone/Ipod and Ipad, it makes star gazing so much better and fun! Even the simple free ones are decent enough for the beginner to find something of interest, and now with the population on Iphone S versions, you can spin around and know whats there! Pity I don't have an Iphone (ended up with the wife!!!) but I use the Ipod which is good enough for me.

Considering a cheap netbook enough to store my Astro appz and easy to grab n Go. But yes they are affordable appz for the Iphone/Pod/Pad and as Pete mentioned, with the amount spent on equipment, it's a no brainer!

I have StarMap Pro (so I can plan what to do when I get back home if the skies stay good), Messier List (some close ups and info - find it easier to sift thru this than launch StarMap, Moon Globe (so I know what the Big Cheese is up to) Simple Ob log (still use it as it was there before StarMap) and of course Games to tide me whan I wait!! Think the most expensive game I bought was Street Fighter!!! Shoryuken!!!
My wife never complained about how much time, effort & money I spent on my Astronomy hobby!................suddenly I met her!!!