Website for beginning & intermediate Amateur Astronomer

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Website for beginning & intermediate Amateur Astronomer

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Below is a link to the website of The Belmont Society. This is a great website for beginning & intermediate Amateur Astronomer... Highly recommended... :)

http://www.belmontnc.4dw.net/index.htm

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

Thank you weixing~! :)
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
chris shaw

small scope section

Post by chris shaw »

Hi

I am visiting from the 'brand new' small scope section in Singastro.org and was wondering if you could point out some websites that are dedicated to small scopes - I know of the ETX sites but know nothing of sites for small reflectors of refractors. (small is less than 8 inches). If there are such websites can you post it at our small scope section please? Anyone?

Chris

Post by Guest »

:P :P
Great thank you for finding this site. Could we setup a similar contents to benefit firstly to all newbies including me and later to the world? I believe we could put up some basic knowledge and requirements for people coming into astronomy. We do not have to be very technical.

cheers,
eric goh
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi

I am visiting from the 'brand new' small scope section in Singastro.org and was wondering if you could point out some websites that are dedicated to small scopes - I know of the ETX sites but know nothing of sites for small reflectors of refractors. (small is less than 8 inches). If there are such websites can you post it at our small scope section please? Anyone?

Chris
Hi,

This site was *the* one that made me fall in love with the 70mm Pronto :

http://www.starsforfun.com
Samuel Ng
adree

Post by adree »

Here's a SCT beginner's website.
It also gives tips and advice on various stuff like astrophotography.
I looks like a useful site to me. I hope it helps you.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tkurkowski/index.html
" Boundaries don't hold us. Don't let them hold you. The only boundary is your imagination. "