anybody wanna share buying a dob?

Got a question on astronomy that you'd wanted to ask? Ask your questions here and see if the old timers can give you some good answers.
VinSnr
Administrator

anybody wanna share buying a dob?

Post by VinSnr »

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a 12-13" portable dob, but as usual, I think it's a waste to buy it alone, because I am sure I don't get to used it very often (unless I have lots of spare $$$, then that's different story). Such scope should be used more often in star party and stuff.

I don't mind sharing with others to purchase one. And I don't even want to keep this in my house so those who share with me can keep it if they want. Even my 8" SCT is not with me....since I bought, it was at my friend's house.

So if some of you here wanna own a big dob, but don't have enough $$$ and wouldn't mind sharing, please contact me. The scope I had in mind is the 13.1" Fastar Tscope with a Swayze primary. Think plus shipping and everything is around US$3600. It it a very good scope with very high quality components (moonlite focuser!), very light and it's ultra portable.

url : http://www.tscopes.com/FST/index.html

Anyone interested, let me know. We can work out how we want to share our mistress.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Lol... vincent, sharing a mistress with you? I don't even have a 'wife' (literally or whatever :P)... But USD3600 means about 6 or 7K... I don't have such money, so can't help :P
kayheem

Re: anybody wanna share buying a dob?

Post by kayheem »

VinSnr wrote:Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a 12-13" portable dob, but as usual, I think it's a waste to buy it alone, because I am sure I don't get to used it very often (unless I have lots of spare $$$, then that's different story). Such scope should be used more often in star party and stuff.

I don't mind sharing with others to purchase one. And I don't even want to keep this in my house so those who share with me can keep it if they want. Even my 8" SCT is not with me....since I bought, it was at my friend's house.

So if some of you here wanna own a big dob, but don't have enough $$$ and wouldn't mind sharing, please contact me. The scope I had in mind is the 13.1" Fastar Tscope with a Swayze primary. Think plus shipping and everything is around US$3600. It it a very good scope with very high quality components (moonlite focuser!), very light and it's ultra portable.

url : http://www.tscopes.com/FST/index.html

Anyone interested, let me know. We can work out how we want to share our mistress.
Ah, Vin, now I see how you hide all your astro purchases from your wife! You just hide the scopes somewhere else! This is really like keeping a mistress in another house and getting your friend to cover for you.

How about a beer to keep my mouth shut from telling your wife? :wink:

Kay Heem
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

wah low Kay Heem....spare me a back exit can?

Umm..talking about beer..maybe we can organise a beer outing at a nice pub? No notti stuff, but just sit around and talk astro and relax a bit.....
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

cannot la... i cannot go pub.. :cry: maybe a moustache or a beard..
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

haha.. need to have moustache or a beard then can go?? how old are u?? if u 17(as stated in ur descrption), can go de.. but dun order alcoholic drinks lo... hehe :D
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

really ah?? budden hoR.. got taxi driver ask me before "are you 15 yet?" and there was once i went zouk to see energy take taxi another one ask me "15 can go zouk meh??" so right.. i think still need the beard lolx
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

hahaha.. u 17 and look like 15?? :lol: :lol:
i now also think u need beard... :lol: :lol:
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

hey VinSnr...

Can I chip in $500 and own what is worth for that? 8) (eyepieces perhaps?)
7k is way over my league.