NASA scientist debunks 2012 end of the world doomsday

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Gary

NASA scientist debunks 2012 end of the world doomsday

Post by Gary »

Carl Sagan FTW! :)

http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
superiorstream

Re: NASA scientist debunks 2012 end of the world doomsday

Post by superiorstream »

Of course,not the end of the world but as I can recall when in the graduate school in the us,someone told me that according to the 'translation'from those stone essay,its the 'end of greatness of a country that had evolve in the north and it can no more lead the world to progress' after that year.No mention is made of planet earth disappearing from the solar system.
If you had done some caln in relativity,you will notice that in fact time is the fourth dimension but the strange thing physically is that our physical body cant travel in that axis/dimension,unlike the other 3 dimension.Perhaps some strange character--born with such esp powers--in the past had and actually 'live through' such periods when their energy matrices leave their body and bring us the 'news'.
End of the world--no way;even mars which is and had lost most of its water still exist;but as a DEAD dry world.;void of life;so is venus.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Re: NASA scientist debunks 2012 end of the world doomsday

Post by Airconvent »

Man...this is a video I want my friends to see! Even as recent as a few months ago, one colleague called me up (knowing I am an enthusiast) and asked me if "Apollo 18" was real. Just last year, he was worried and asked me if the Moon will become very huge in the sky or whether Mars will crash with the earth..all read from the internet. And of course, the one that Man did not walk on the moon continue to be circulated and believed by large numbers of people...:)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets