Nitestik - battery-less luminous device

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
shirox
Favourite scope: Takahashi FSQ85EDX

Re: Nitestik - battery-less luminous device

Post by shirox »

i saw this in the army shop at funan center but couldn't remember how much it cost
http://eltonastronomy.blogspot.com/

Mersing finally installed some water sink!
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

beastmaster wrote:Can buy from ebay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NITE-GLOW-STICK ... 870wt_1396
Wow, ebay is US$9/- or more, must pay shipping some more.

S$99 @ S$8.90 a pc meaning one need to buy 12 pcs.

Anyway the Gmarket source is the same supplier and I expect him to give lower than S$8.90 for the bulk purchase. Will be see him tomorrow to get a green sample for testing before comment and commit. According to him, he normally demo with a normal LED touch light (not the CREE, 250 lumen type) and expose the nitestik for about 10~15 sec and it last for about 30 mins. He also said using UV light will be more effective. One more thing, he said the light is green, the other colours are due to the coloured casing. In this sense, green will be the brightest.

Anyway, tomorrow will post the test result.
alweek
Favourite scope: Nexstar 4se

Post by alweek »

I'm interested too. Might buy a bunch as "toys" and gifts. Will sort out my numbers and let you know

Thanks for organizing this!
kensou

Post by kensou »

i would like to have 2 green! might wan to increase quantity.. [smilie=admire2.gif]
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Ok, more info from the supplier,

"Hi Clifford

Please see the price schedule for the special pricing.

30 or less pcs ---- $8.90
31 - 60 pcs ---- $8.50
61 - 100pcs ---- $8.00
Above 100pcs --- $7.50

Includes free delivery. Thank you. Apologies that I can't go lower then $7.50 so as to protect the product's pricing and also my dealers. Hope you understand and would be keen to work with u on a long term basis. Cheers.

I am selling an average of 300 nitestiks daily thru G-market. Do note that the Recommended retail price for nitestiks in the market and shops is $9.90. In fact, buying from G-market is more expensive as they need to pay $3 postage which means each nitestik costs $11.90 each during the promotion and $12.90 after the promotion.

Best Regards"

By the way, the promotion in G-market has ended.

OK - now my comments on the sample I get from him, yet to pay him cos no change, hehe.

1. He told me the unit is just taken out of the box, so from the 10~15mins talking to him and driving home, I notice the stik already shows glow in my car when I reached my car park.

2. Brought the stik into my dark store room, it looks brighter (of course it will) and then I expose it to UV LED touch light for about 15 sec, it glows to very bright (see photos).

3. Take the stik out of the store room to take more photos, there is some degrees of brightness reduction. Now hang the stik by the window and will see whether it will last overnight, will be keeping it my dark store room again, starting from 8pm till 6.30am the next day. If it can last 10.5 hours, it will be good enough for us.

** correction due to typo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Clifford60 on Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

Two more photos. By the way, this is a Aussie Co product but made in Cn. Haha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Thanks Clifford for the time and effort to procure and test the sample. Looks good so far!
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
yltansg
Favourite scope: Borg 76 + Solar Scope SF50

Post by yltansg »

Please count me in for 5 pieces. Thanks.

Alfred
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

Clifford60 wrote:
beastmaster wrote:Can buy from ebay too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NITE-GLOW-STICK ... 870wt_1396
Wow, ebay is US$9/- or more, must pay shipping some more.

S$99 @ S$8.90 a pc meaning one need to buy 12 pcs.

Anyway the Gmarket source is the same supplier and I expect him to give lower than S$8.90 for the bulk purchase. Will be see him tomorrow to get a green sample for testing before comment and commit. According to him, he normally demo with a normal LED touch light (not the CREE, 250 lumen type) and expose the nitestik for about 10~15 sec and it last for about 30 mins. He also said using UV light will be more effective. One more thing, he said the light is green, the other colours are due to the coloured casing. In this sense, green will be the brightest.

Anyway, tomorrow will post the test result.
eh... it's free shipping to Singapore.