Can IPAD or SUMSUNG galaxy pad be use to post on this forum?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Gary

Re: Can IPAD or SUMSUNG galaxy pad be use to post on this fo

Post by Gary »

Mr Chia. After Windows ME, Windows Vista is the worst OS ever released by Microsoft. Downgrade all your Windows Vista computer/netbook/laptop to Windows XP or upgrade them to Windows 7.
Last edited by Gary on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Chia
I did a check and it seems that there is an adapter :

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy ... 1PL0BEGSTA

For my original tab, there is the SD Card + USB adapter, USB-only adapter and SD-Card Adapter. It seems from the above link they are compatible with both the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. But if you want to be sure, get the older model. For me I prefer the styling and feel of the original model. :)
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Gary and Airconvent
Thanks for the reply.Yes with performance like these,vista make people lose confidence with PC and I am definitely one of them.Will go down to shops selling Samsung tab and take a second look while considering the ipad also.Meanwhile accessing the net with my kid's computer(some kind of macbook) which will be harder after the uni reopen in August.;and now using that hopeless vista I have to transfer files between card and hardisk only.Also of note,my experience with window7 is not good also--still can remember that around jun/may last year,went to one of the school/jc to promote astronomy and due to rain,took out my SD card with solar photos to show student.The school window7 NEW computer cant even open the JPG photo--reason unknown--.Ultimately they have to use an 'old' XP os computer--which works like a charm--and immediately the photos show up.Heard that window8 will be lunch soon--will keep my finger cross but frankly my confidence with window is fading fast with the phasing out of XP.Thanks again.
Gary

Post by Gary »

superiorstream wrote:Also of note,my experience with window7 is not good also--still can remember that around jun/may last year,went to one of the school/jc to promote astronomy and due to rain,took out my SD card with solar photos to show student.The school window7 NEW computer cant even open the JPG photo--reason unknown--.

Could be due to the fact that the default program assigned to open jpg/jpeg files are not properly configured or not assigned at all in Windows 7. Another possibility could be the card reader not compatible with your SD card. *Some* (not all) schools have little appreciation and respect for their computer/lab technicians. They could have most probably rectified it in a few seconds with a few mouse clicks if they were there and wish to do so. :)
http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Post by cloud_cover »

Chia,
l'll be happy to help you configure your Vista notebooks so you can access the net and do the things you intended. I "survived" on Vista for 3 years and while it is clunky, its not THAT bad if you are an undemanding user, which you are.
Failing which, if you want and if the batteries are still good, I'll be happy to take one off your hands, for the right price, in case I go crazy and switch from DSLR to CCD :)
Give me an SMS, I may be free Monday Daytime :)
DON'T PANIC
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Cloudcover
I definitely need help to reset that 'vista netbook'.Since its configured for my home modemn,will it work if I bring it to your place?--I dont mind coming-- or you can come to my place to reset whatever.Pls pm me your phone so that I can call you to discuss--sorry,I am so out--dont laugh--I dont know how to sms! and has no handphone.Thanks again.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Chia
The original Samsung adapter is around $89. But you can buy a china equivalent for around $15-$20 at Sim Lim Square. I was there just now and there are tons of them for sale. Just make sure to get the tab one as the Apple and Tab adapters look the same. :) I'm using a china-branded one too.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets