Frustrating Experince with Amazon

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
cloud_cover
Favourite scope: 94.5", f/24 Ritchey-Chretien Reflector

Re: Frustrating Experince with Amazon

Post by cloud_cover »

Personally I wouldn't buy astro gear via Amazon. If I was shopping for new stuff, I'll probably check out the popular resellers OPTCorp, Astronomics, Agena etc etc
The nice thing is that with these places you can pretty much email or call them and ask for help before purchasing or vetting your individual item and they'll do it.
DON'T PANIC
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Post by kochu »

EPILOGUE:

After sending my feed back, Amazon proposed a $ 20 discount from my next order. I refused it and requested them to reinstate my order which they cancelled, which they said they cannot. So we settled for a refund.
Yesterday they informed me that they have removed my feedback comments, stating some strange excuses.
So the end of the story.

Kochu/26-9-13
jeffyen
Favourite scope: Nexstar 8SE

Post by jeffyen »

kochu wrote:EPILOGUE:

After sending my feed back, Amazon proposed a $ 20 discount from my next order. I refused it and requested them to reinstate my order which they cancelled, which they said they cannot. So we settled for a refund.
Yesterday they informed me that they have removed my feedback comments, stating some strange excuses.
So the end of the story.

Kochu/26-9-13
Interesting, I've not heard of anything like this. Is this a third party merchant (which Amazon does not have control over), or fulfilled by Amazon itself?
kochu
Favourite scope: Sharpstar-107PH Triplet.

Post by kochu »

Amazon Could not deliver a simple mount. Look what they are talking now.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013 ... y/3799021/
may be because they have money to flaunt
Kochu/2-12-13