Congrats to China

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Congrats to China

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Congrats to China and China first Astronaut!!!

This launch is very importance and this will very much trigger a new space race... Now, NASA will get more fund to carry out all their space project and I think US will re-visit the Moon again very soon. Also, US will sure push to be the first nation to step on Mars (actually they are the only nation now got the tech to do that, but last time no motivation)... :D
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Congrats to China

Post by VinSnr »

weixing wrote:Hi,
Congrats to China and China first Astronaut!!!

This launch is very importance and this will very much trigger a new space race... Now, NASA will get more fund to carry out all their space project and I think US will re-visit the Moon again very soon. Also, US will sure push to be the first nation to step on Mars (actually they are the only nation now got the tech to do that, but last time no motivation)... :D
Maybe in future, US will get China to make their rockets as well to save cost.. :lol:
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

And have the interface in Traditional Chinese characters with NO translation guide! They'll show the Americans! :lol:

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.

Post by Guest »

Is Singapore building a space ship to join in the fun? This will place Singapore in 4th position and I don't think this is good! :lol:

Better to let the whole world to participate and get this a world project instead of individual nations competing each others. Wasting delimiting raw resources that earth still have.

cheers,
eric goh
ChaosLegion

Post by ChaosLegion »

Where there is competition, there will be improvement.
Nikonian Foo

Post by Nikonian Foo »

I think I read Asia Weekly, mentioned the Chinese are already doing a Moon manned project. The Yanks prefer sending satellites. Cheaper and practical.
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Lol, satellites alrite!

Yah, hi grievious i agree totally with you! show'em the power of chinese!

But really, i hope nations can cooperate though... cos country like singapore sure cannot send spaceship one, first thing no land then cannot liao... and different nation got different potential so combine them together is always better'n competition and wasting resources to do the same research.
starfirez

Post by starfirez »

yeah think china is fighting with india so sth liddat to be the first asian country to go to the moon. think india might better spend the money on feeding its people..
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
I think currently the leading in space technology is Russia - they are the only nation that know how to built a space station. That why the US want to built the ISS with Russia - to learn(steal) the technology from Russia. Currently, even the private company are also in the space bussiness - they are after the X-PRIZE. I think the time when we can spend holiday in space is nearer than we thought, and hope that it will be cheap... :)
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

apart from the prestige, there is really no real advantage to put a man on the moon. The US already did that, and more than 40 years back.
The chinese want to go to the moon at least once as an achievement.
as for the space station, that's another matter. imagine a permanent spy station above taiwan! also you can make lucrative drugs in space as well as rent out seats to rich people and earn foreign currency...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets