Are we alone in the Universe?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.

Are we alone in the Universe?

Post by Guest »

:( This question has troubled me (I hope not all of u) that

" Are we alone on Earth in the Universe?"

Today, the Chinese send up one astronaut and orbit Earth to just "Eat Wind" (mean just enjoying the ride if on the road) and enjoy the nice view down on earth and out at the Universe (only not facing the Sun and look as far as possible) for about 1 day ride. Why? to compete with American and the Russian? Yes and no.

If I am the one up there, I feel grand but boring!!! why just me without all human races?

Anybody asking this: when will human to travel the outer space in great length and time to as far as Andromeda or Orion or ...? No more science fiction? I just wonder and don't think I will have this opportunity but may be to our next generation or people that are still young now. I still think that even with so advance in science and technology, we are still missing something that allow us to move out of Earth with ease and economically that the current science and technology are still at the very infant stage (I may have to say this).

Anybody in this group saw the UFO? or just treat this as "bull-shit"? I myself believe that some intelligent beings are probably paying us many visit that we human just don't care and have a laugh or the group that are collecting fact and data just keep this news very very low profile until cannot hide anymore!

Most of us believe in GOD in heaven and hence there must be some intelligent beings up there that we are forbidden to see and hear and smell and touch.

Now, back to the square one after few round of orbiting our loving planet Earth, "Are we alone in the Universe?" Er..... er .... err....... errrrrrrrr :(

Good sky for us to view the heaven (sorry, should be night sky)
cheers
eric goh
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

no we are not alone.....

but this is the wrong forum for this...i am moving it to the coffee corner
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Well, probablitity of we being alone is very small compared to the probability of Planets that can support Life as we know it. There are like millions of planets that are able to support Life like ours in our galaxy alone. And if you include life of other element-based like silicon-based or ammonia-based, basically, Life has a different meaning all together. For one thing i know, life is never the same for everything in the Universe(s). As what they say in Contact: "It will be an awful waste of space, isnt it?"

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.

Post by Guest »

okay with me. Let all to have a cup of coffee or tea or just plain water to chat.

Now, i have two persons here agreed with me that "We are not alone in the Universe" :lol: I can be more relaxed now as I am very scared to ask this "silly" question long times ago.

But, any scientific proof (as we always wanted to witness using our bare eyes) so far??? No!

If the above answer is just a small "yes", the world's media will be announced this new discovery!

Well, this question "Are we alone in the Universe?" will be here to stay until something really show up and have scientific proof to the whole planet Earth!

One more "silly" question: Are we the silly frog looking at the sky from the well?

tonite is the nite to see ... clear sky

cheers,
eric goh
Terry

Post by Terry »

May be you should do some research on 'UFO' and 'alien'. I heard that some creatures are living underground on the far side of the Moon where human on Earth cannot see.
ChaosLegion

They exist...

Post by ChaosLegion »

C,mon guys. We are DEFINITELY not alone in this universe. Does any one honestly think that out of the gazillions number of planets around, minus those that we have explored, there can be no other ones that support lives. Of course not.

Point here is that we live in a world that people are strtified by race, language, religion, gegoraphy and the last thing that the political leaders want up on their hands are issues that they cannot solve. What good will it do to any one of the leaders if they step forward and announce that we are not the only ones around and that there are lives out of Earth. The next moment, it will be us against them, the whole Earth will cease to be segregated by race language, religion and other meaningless identification. We will be unified like never before against some unknown threat eg. (some meteorite hitting us in 2014). What thius means is that the strongest of all countries will take over the unified alliance of all states and is this what the current governments of all countries wanting to see. We all know the answer, once u tasted power, u never gonna let it go.

Who cares for the unknown in the distant future....or it may be nearer than we think.

Post by Guest »

:lol:
Let us all seriously concerned people in the world pray that all human in the world should be united (don't we have the U.N.) with no string (power struggle) attached. And all work together to fly out many many many space ship to search for our new living planets or search for our Father as we all know that Earth is getting "sick" recently and hope that it has the naturally medicine to cure herself [Earth is our Mother? or not?] She cured her children [all living things] using her natural medicine.

I want to be happy for what we have now but must also worry for the not so long future (meteorite strike us around 2014). If it hit us, we are all dead! as we cannot steer our Mother Earth anyway we wish.

enjoy the sky tonite.
cheers,
eric goh
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hi, I like this thread.

First of all, talking about god... heh heh... What do you think of the society, when people say that "god is dead" and "elvis is alive"... lol that's not what i say, quoted from dunno who one ah...

The more I study astronomy the more I am convinced that we are really nearly alone. Maybe there might really be people out there, only Area51 knows :lol:

About the gazillions of planets around here... well, look at it this way, we are carbon-people, and of all research so far show only carbon-people are capable of some thinking process. Think again, of these planets, how many actually are of just right distance to support life as ours... How many are are big enough... and finally, even if a species were formed there is always the case of competition, like we're gettin' down here? So could they survive that... I dunno... I'm welcome for criticisms tho ;) so anyone can (rebutt!) haha...

About the meteorite, why 2014? Have I missed out some big news lately?! Man, maybe I am really slow in taking news...hehe~
Kcsquare76

Post by Kcsquare76 »

Do your duty-join SETI @ home! :)
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Suddenly interested in UFO??? Ha Ha... :D
Anyway, I think we are definitely not alone.. there are just too many stars out there.... even there are only one star that support life in a galaxy, there are millions of them already... So, when you look up at the star and wonder whether is there any planet that have life on that star... may be, just may be, the "whatever" live on the planet obriting that star may be also looking at our sun and wonder about the same thing... :)
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen: