Ode to China's space program! Well Done

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
chris shaw

Ode to China's space program! Well Done

Post by chris shaw »

Now for us 'spacey people' whose motto has always been 'clear skies' and 'keep looking up', there are JOB OPPORTUNITIES as China gears up to challenge the US and Ruskies on their own turf - outer space. News has it that they will be employing thousands from around Asia for their push into space exploration which includes a manned mission to the moon.

It is my opinion that this space race will also propel Astronomy into the realms of popular culture as ordinary Asians become interested in all manner of space science. Already books on space and astronomy are marking record sales all over asia. (as would be scopes)

Things are definitely looking up since 'Mars Watch'. Luckily we started Singastro.org at the cusp of this new interest. Soon, perhaps, us Astronomer guys will be labelled 'cool' and girls will be as interested in 'diffraction rings' as 'Tiffany rings'.

What do all and sundry think?

Chris
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Ode to China's space program! Well Done

Post by VinSnr »

chris shaw wrote:Now for us 'spacey people' whose motto has always been 'clear skies' and 'keep looking up', there are JOB OPPORTUNITIES as China gears up to challenge the US and Ruskies on their own turf - outer space. News has it that they will be employing thousands from around Asia for their push into space exploration which includes a manned mission to the moon.

It is my opinion that this space race will also propel Astronomy into the realms of popular culture as ordinary Asians become interested in all manner of space science. Already books on space and astronomy are marking record sales all over asia. (as would be scopes)

Things are definitely looking up since 'Mars Watch'. Luckily we started Singastro.org at the cusp of this new interest. Soon, perhaps, us Astronomer guys will be labelled 'cool' and girls will be as interested in 'diffraction rings' as 'Tiffany rings'.

What do all and sundry think?

Chris
I just hope that this achievement would encourage China to make good quality scopes at super cheap price and make people like Nagler and AP out of business. :twisted:
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Oh now...Al and Nancy are really nice folks - just overpriced optics thats all!

Chris :D
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

chris shaw wrote:Oh now...Al and Nancy are really nice folks - just overpriced optics thats all!

Chris :D
if they overprice their optics, then they are not nice folks....

:evil:
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Speaking of China's new space hero, did you read what he ate?

The angmonauts used to eat dehydrated beef paste and our taikonauts ate Braised pork and kung pow chicken with 8 treasures rice!

Chris
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

HAhaha!!! MAn if a singaporean ever go up he will be having some...

1. durian chendol(which will probably stink the whole spacecraft and force other astronauts to don their spacesuits.

2.Chicken Rice(Cant leave home without it.)

3.LAksa(Probably the soup base will be seperated in space because of zero gravity...oil,actual soup base and coconut...)

P.S The cockles will be extra rAw. RAW AND FREEZING AND HARD.Our singanaut needs lots of Heb-B injection.
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

what an awfully big waste of time sitting in that tin can eating for 21 hrs.
with no clouds in orbit, he should have brought a china-made scope like the 80ED and look at DSOs!!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
chris shaw

Post by chris shaw »

Actually the view in that tin can would be awesome even while eating. Imagine eating black braised pork and kung pow chicken in the highest restaurant in the world! With or without a scope!

Granted that above earth's atmosphere, even a two inch scope from Tasco can beat the view of your 16 inch scope on earth! I think the latest issue of Sky and Telescope has an article of scopes taken up to space by US astronauts.

Chris
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

chris shaw wrote:Actually the view in that tin can would be awesome even while eating. Imagine eating black braised pork and kung pow chicken in the highest restaurant in the world! With or without a scope!

Granted that above earth's atmosphere, even a two inch scope from Tasco can beat the view of your 16 inch scope on earth! I think the latest issue of Sky and Telescope has an article of scopes taken up to space by US astronauts.

Chris
mmm Chris , I was only joking on that. The glass window porthole is probably reinforced and super thick and of course, not multicoated, so that would caused bad refraction and reflection before the light even reaches the corrector plate of a telescope. But unless he is blinded by the glare from the sun, the night sky would probably be milky with stars instead of the few you see on earth. I very much doubt a 16" scope on earth in a good area (like Australian desert) could beat a 6" apo refractor iin that tiny capsule....
another thing crossed my mind...it was a cool 21 hrs..I wonder if they provided a toilet in there ??? maybe they have some kind of Newater system where he drinks recycled water? :roll:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

Yeah I think they provide a toilet in there, probably just a urinary tube. 8)
A person needs 8litres of water a day, so for a 21hrs flight they should be able to store the water for thw whole course of the flght...
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers