Matter and Anti Matter

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.

Post by Guest »

Wow! what a good learning ground for the hot and high efficient energy of our future power source --> anti matter. I, uh, try lah, to absorb as much as possible for some basic understanding as I will not do R&D. Probably kamikazer could save all of us. who know!

I do not think the black oil from earth could last human races on Earth for the next 100 years (probably shorter) as all natural could use up. Same as if you keep killing all the sharks in the ocean, then one day, the Earth is without shark-fin soap!

matter and anti-matter is a very new discovery by scientists in very advance nations. Any success ?

The fiction is Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. can found this book at Times.

cheers,
eric goh
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
They already can be produce and store it for days, but take too long and expensive to produce... :(
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
adree

Post by adree »

We should all eat spice and fold space like the Spacing Guild :P
" Boundaries don't hold us. Don't let them hold you. The only boundary is your imagination. "
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

From what I know, Matter and Anti-matter are both the same thing (Almost), only that they have the opposite charge to each other. Both of them still obeys the same scientific laws. The sky you are looking at, or more accurately the stars you are looking at, might be a anti-star. They still obeys the same law so there's no way you can tell whether its made up of anti-matter or not.
Maybe there's another anti-YOU coming along at that far end of the universe and wonders whether there are anti-matters in the universe or another anti-HIM (You might not know! :D ). Until then, i'll keep my eyes open.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Most people still dream that anti-matter is a great source of power.
The star ships in Star Trek are powered by "clean" anti-matter.
The fact is anti-matter is extremely unstable (in our universe anyway) and cannot survive for long.
Scientist have surmissed that when the Universe was first created in the big bang, and when matter begain condensing out from the tremendous heat, there was an equal number of anti-matter and matter atoms but as anit-matter was not stable, it was eventually destoyed making it very scare today.
Today, anti-matter is not used to power interstellar vessel but medical equipment...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Storing anti-matter i agree is expensive. To be able to store it requires vacumm in its surroundings(so no matter comes to it to explode it), and then you need powerful electromagnets to hold it in the centre of the vacumm(remember anti-particles are charged). thus storage is a problem...

"clean" anti-matter? never heard there were "dirty" ones :lol: yea just joking, that's Star Trek not equal real world anyway :P

It's fun learning astro ain't it ;) you get to learn science and technology stuff that the best technology currently has to offer. No other studies come close, hehe~