Astro Related movies--

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

harlequin2902 wrote:I like 'Contact' starring Jodie Foster ... just the opening sequence actually :mrgreen:

Any digital media experts here know how to pick out that segment and convert it into a nice screensaver for my PC ? :lol:
Hi Sam,
You will need a DVD editing software like Ulead although I have never tried it before. May also need to get a capture card as well...

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

Hi Samuel, I currently use Premiere for my video edit jobs. Not sure if I can do that though. I can try to do, I've got capture card and all on my laptop ;)

Only problem: I don't have the movie so I can't do anything!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

how come no star wars leh??
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Why no Aliens or E.T?? Star Wars abit corny (Dun flame me!) for their older shows, recent one are more of commercialized sellouts. But nonetheless, the nebula/galaxies views are so 'colourful'!!!! WOW!

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

What about that hilarious movie 'Galaxy Quest' ? I like the part where the guy (the lead actor...can't remember his name...) donned this special 'semi-liquid'-like space suit, whizzed through space and suddenly found himself in front of Saturn - and that expression on his face was very similar to ours when we saw Saturn for the first time through our scopes 8) !
Last edited by harlequin2902 on Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Ng
kcy
Location: Some where in space...some where in the evolution of time...

Post by kcy »

Lost in Space!!

I remember the film is quite memorable, talking about a time machine isnt it? The same entity cant exist in the same space time.. 8)
Yours Sincerly,

Kong Chong Yew 8)
SP astronomers
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Is that the full title ? -> 'Galaxy Quest - Lost in Space' ? I just found the ticket ... 19th March 2000. GV Plaza Row N, Seat 11. Tickets were still at S$5 then....
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

harlequin2902 wrote:Is that the full title ? -> 'Galaxy Quest - Lost in Space' ? I just found the ticket ... 19th March 2000. GV Plaza Row N, Seat 11. Tickets were still at S$5 then....
Hi Sam,
Actually Galaxy Quest is a comedy with Tim Allen and a group of sci fi actors kidnapped by aliens to fight their evil overlord. Sort of like the 3 Amigoes in Space!

"Lost in Space" on the other hand is a movie remake of a 60 TV series (which I followed with great interest when it was repeated on Radio Television Singapore in the late 70s). Gene Roddenberry had actually tried to sell the Star Trek series to the network but to save money, the network rejected his series but stole all his ideas to make "Lost In Space"...which made Gene very upset. He had the last laugh as ST beat LIS in the ratings...some trivia...heh heh

rich
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Hi Sam,
Actually Galaxy Quest is a comedy with Tim Allen and a group of sci fi actors kidnapped by aliens to fight their evil overlord. Sort of like the 3 Amigoes in Space!
That's right ! That's the name of that guy I was talking about. Tim Allen. Yup, I remember now, they were all actors in some sci-fi drama and this group of aliens (who actually followed their shows) thought they were real heroes and 'recruited' them to fight this Lizard man or something :lol: not really astro related huh ? =P
Samuel Ng
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

harlequin2902 wrote:
Hi Sam,
That's right ! That's the name of that guy I was talking about. Tim Allen. Yup, I remember now, they were all actors in some sci-fi drama and this group of aliens (who actually followed their shows) thought they were real heroes and 'recruited' them to fight this Lizard man or something :lol: not really astro related huh ? =P
Yup, Tim Allen is also the character who played in "The Santa Claus" as well as "Junle 2 Jungle". He has a TV series too but I can't seemt to remember it right now.

BTW, its allowed to be off topic in the coffee corner! :lol: