Anyone here uses your astro equip to birdwatch too ?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

How about something like a Nikon 995 ? I've seen some very nice (*razor sharp*) pictures taken by some of the local digiscopers using that camera with their spotting scopes.
Samuel Ng
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

the two birds are very cute and beautiful :lol: :D
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Shhhh...Cute isnt the word, later they come for you with their dangerous beak and poke a 5cm hole on ya skull.

;p :lol:
Charlie
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

the two birds are very cute and beautiful
These birds (Kingfishers) are very good subjects for digiscoping practice. Because they are one of those few beautifully coloured birds that'll stay still long enough for us digiscopers to take what we call "studio shots" :lol:
Samuel Ng
IceAngel
Favourite scope: Sky 90

Post by IceAngel »

Shhhh...Cute isnt the word, later they come for you with their dangerous beak and poke a 5cm hole on ya skull.
please scare the hell out of me :( :(
These birds (Kingfishers) are very good subjects for digiscoping practice. Because they are one of those few beautifully coloured birds that'll stay still long enough for us digiscopers to take what we call "studio shots"
they too free and stay there for a long time? :P :P
hmm.. how long would u need to digiscope them?? :?
*~Stars AND Clear Sky always~*
Leslie
*Owner of Antares 93mm Achromat Refractor* :)
-10.11.03-
*Owner of Takahashi SKY 90 Fluorite Doublet Apochromat Refractor* :D
-25.03.06-
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

they too free and stay there for a long time?
hmm.. how long would u need to digiscope them??
I'm not sure why they behave like that, but they usually stay perched for long periods on the same branch .. hardly moving, then swoop down suddenly to grab a fish swimming in the lake below and return to the same branch to enjoy it.

Exposure time per picture is very short. On a sunny day, it can be as fast as 1/320s or faster. Usually when I'm there, I stay at the same spot (like those Kingfishers :wink: ) from 1pm (just after lunch) to 6:30pm (in time for dinner). Sometimes, even after 6+ hours there, only one or two decent practice shots turn up on my PC after I upload them from the cam :?
Samuel Ng