Expensive Eyepiece vs Expensive Tap

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
ALPiNe

Post by ALPiNe »

Frankly speaking, I have already known of NKF's nonsense for a really long time, and I was just waiting for such a day to come. And finally, it did. Hurray for those who have been kept in the dark to finally see the light? :roll: Just to be crude, for several months of observation I made on them, the worse of the many tactics that NKF uses to lure people to donate is to delibrately make us feel 'guilty' if we don't donate. Short excerpts of other 'victims' are always shown and to be really frank here, I have heard from someone who knew about a 'victim' that the excerpts are really exaggerated and the 'calamity' of such great scale are often not reflected with truth. Worse still, they 'stole' some of these life experiences for publicity without the consent of those being featured for public sympathy and pity? :beep:

Relating from my personal life experience, I got a very interesting call from NKF last year. Guess what? They called to thank me for donating to their charity which was like 3 years back? :k-=X: I thought that was rather comical, in the sense that they had forgotten to thank me for my donation 3 years ago, and now they remembered. Thankfully, I am still well and alive when they called, or I may not be able answer that call. 8) So what's their purpose in thanking me out of the blue? Of course it's to ask for more donations! What more can you expect from a commercial charity like NKF? I am perfectly alright with helping out in the donations if they had called me at least 6 months after my donation to thank me for it. No harm in feeling appreciated here in making donations? =P Anyway, I had forgotten about whatever good deeds I had done in the past, but I am glad NKF does keep track of them.

After that call I received, the person never failed to call me again and again just to 'psycho' me to donate. :violent: Please excuse me for playing the bad guy here, but I decided to try things a little differently this time round. I made it clear I will not donate. Surprisingly, about 3 days later, I got a donation card from NKF! So I guess they are forcing me to donate now? :bangwall: To be truthful, that card had been resting on my table for months and God knows where it is now. Maybe my dad returned it to NKF without my knowing. =P Anyway, there is one thing I can't accept when making donations, and that is to make me feel like some sort of an Osama who will be struck down by lightning and die a horrible death if I choose not to donate. Again, the question here is, "Is it the biggest sin if you don't donate?" :|

I am willing to donate if I know how, where and what the donations are being used for, and not through coercion which NKF uses ALL the time. :violent: And I think other charitable organisations would be over the moon if you will even donate just $10! If $600, 000 is peanuts to NKF, they should give the money to me instead. :wink: I will show them just how much $600, 000 can do for other charitable organisations who needs it more than they do.

So, what's the moral of the story? Donate to only charitable organisations who can be trusted, and make you feel important in helping them to save lives rather than making you feel like some sort of a sinner all the time and donate just so that you can sleep well on your bed at night. :roll:

May the ends justify the means...

- ALPiNe
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

I will not donate to any charity that uses TV ever again. Just saw the report that the Emcee (Cao Qi Tai) gets 16,800 per show and each artiste gets about 5-6K each. No wonder they cry, shout, and say all kind of things to get you to donate.

If I want to donate, I go buy Toto or big sweep. I still get a chance at the prize without all those screaming and crying by the emcee and artiste
RyoNpepper

Post by RyoNpepper »

VinSnr wrote:I will not donate to any charity that uses TV ever again. Just saw the report that the Emcee (Cao Qi Tai) gets 16,800 per show and each artiste gets about 5-6K each. No wonder they cry, shout, and say all kind of things to get you to donate.

If I want to donate, I go buy Toto or big sweep. I still get a chance at the prize without all those screaming and crying by the emcee and artiste
Hi VinSnr,

Where did you obtain the report showing the MC's "peanut"? Can share? I've got collegues here thinking those ppl, oversea artist, MC, mediacorp artist etc, did come over here perform for free, volunteer!!! :shock:

I told them, don't be naive :roll: , there's no such thing as free in this world. However, those money pay to them likely came from the sponsor though.. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Wu
denebman

Post by denebman »

VinSnr wrote:I will not donate to any charity that uses TV ever again. Just saw the report that the Emcee (Cao Qi Tai) gets 16,800 per show and each artiste gets about 5-6K each.
How easy and simple it is if one of the artiste want a well and precisely figured 7 inch Intesmicro MCT including shipping and GST. Unfortunately none of them knows it is an edifying tool.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

RyoNpepper wrote:
VinSnr wrote:I will not donate to any charity that uses TV ever again. Just saw the report that the Emcee (Cao Qi Tai) gets 16,800 per show and each artiste gets about 5-6K each. No wonder they cry, shout, and say all kind of things to get you to donate.

Hi VinSnr,

Where did you obtain the report showing the MC's "peanut"? Can share? I've got collegues here thinking those ppl, oversea artist, MC, mediacorp artist etc, did come over here perform for free, volunteer!!! :shock:

I told them, don't be naive :roll: , there's no such thing as free in this world. However, those money pay to them likely came from the sponsor though.. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Wu
I was reported in Shin Min Daily News a few days back.

Now I think even those sad patients on TV are paid for.
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

$600,000 can get you a Meade LXD55 mount only, that's why it's peanuts. This guy listed his mount for US$375K :-)
https://www.astromart.com/classifieds/d ... _id=362282