Expensive Eyepiece vs Expensive Tap

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Expensive Eyepiece vs Expensive Tap

Post by weixing »

Hi,
A comparsion of expensive eyepiece and expensive tap. :P

Expensive Eyepiece
TeleVue 41mm Panoptic: S$950
The 41mm Panoptic eyepiece is a big brother to the 24mm Panoptic (largest 1.25" field). With its 46mm field stop, the 41mm Panoptic delivers the largest 2" field possible. An adjustable and removable screw-type top allows quick, comfortable eye positioning. The scalloped shape gives a positive grip.

Features:
Field of View: 68°
2.00" barrel size
Eye relief: 27mm
Weight: 2.1 lbs
Field Stop: 46mm

Expensive Tap
Gold Plated Tap: S$990
Control flow of water.

Features:
Gold Plated

If you got S$990, which item will you buy??? :P :P :P

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
MooEy

Post by MooEy »

spend $40 on a normal tap, and sink in the 950 for the pano 41. then hang the pano 41 in one of the scopes in my living room as display.

~MooEy~
rlow

Post by rlow »

well, for $990, you can get a few orthos and erfles...plus the UO Mk-70 2" 40mm with somewhat equivalent features.

was I mistaken... I thought previously someone on this forum had strongly advocate using orthos and erfles?
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

Because of the NKF case, I am going to rethink the next time I am going to donate...
.___.
{O,o} O'RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
was I mistaken... I thought previously someone on this forum had strongly advocate using orthos and erfles?
That was me... hee... hee... Orthos and super erfles are really good and value for money, but seem that not much people in SingAstro use them.... especially super erfles.
Because of the NKF case, I am going to rethink the next time I am going to donate...
Ya lor... very disappointed... anyhow use our money... they thought we are very rich ah!! :x Lost my trust in them already... Also, they got so much fund already, still ask us to donate every year. Give us a break and other charity organisation a chance la!!
:k-=X: :k-=X: :k-=X:

Anyway, I think other charity organisation will have a big problem raising money after this case. :(

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

nF wrote:Because of the NKF case, I am going to rethink the next time I am going to donate...
actually this thinking may be wrong. all we are doing is depriving the needy the access to the funds. the management will continue to get the big salaries.
so if you donate, at least the needy will get some.

but reading this, I am surprised the president accepts that a leader of a charity is earning so much money. the fact that the ceo tried to hide it means he knows its very glaring, yet he continues to draw that pay. in fact, he should have asked to reduce his pay in view of the nature of the business.

I think there should be legislation to specify a salary ceiling for non-profit organisation. perhaps limited to $4000 a month at most and bonus pegged to civil service. I mean, they guy got $1.8mil! that's the amount of money the TCS artiste struggled for weeks to get you to donate!
I think we don't just want transparency from the organisation, we want responsibility too.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
denebman

Post by denebman »

Now I know to which luxurious pocket my monthly NKF donation go. sigh
Last edited by denebman on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
10" Telekit with Zambuto optics~TMB 152/1200 (construction)~Takashi Mewlon 210~TMB 80/600
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Cancel the donation and give to other charities instead...
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
David Lian

Post by David Lian »

denebman wrote:Now I know to which pocket my monthly NKF donation go. sigh
Sorry bro,
Accordingly to NKF patron,S$660,000 is peanut.So yours and my contribution is not only even "crumb" to them. :evil:
I have just cancelled by monthly contribution and diverge to others.
:cry:
Felt so cheated.

DL
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:
nF wrote:Because of the NKF case, I am going to rethink the next time I am going to donate...
actually this thinking may be wrong. all we are doing is depriving the needy the access to the funds. the management will continue to get the big salaries.
so if you donate, at least the needy will get some.

but reading this, I am surprised the president accepts that a leader of a charity is earning so much money. the fact that the ceo tried to hide it means he knows its very glaring, yet he continues to draw that pay. in fact, he should have asked to reduce his pay in view of the nature of the business.

I think there should be legislation to specify a salary ceiling for non-profit organisation. perhaps limited to $4000 a month at most and bonus pegged to civil service. I mean, they guy got $1.8mil! that's the amount of money the TCS artiste struggled for weeks to get you to donate!
I think we don't just want transparency from the organisation, we want responsibility too.
I have never donated to NKF.

Why you worry about the patients? They have reserves that could last them 30 years. Anymore donation is only going to make those people richer.