Meade scope on Ch U variety programme!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Meade scope on Ch U variety programme!

Post by Airconvent »

Did anyone see the "Jia You Bao Bei" on Monday night on Ch U?
Its a show in which "treasures" are hidden in a private home and contestant must find them to win the prize.
One of the house owner named Serene had a Meade (or it is Skywatcher?) refractor mounted on a tripod by the window. Looked like an 80mm shorttube but don't remember Meade having an 80mm short-tube. In the brief moment on screen, I think it had an LX200 50mm finderscope mounted.
When asked about it, she tried to convince the host of the show it was for looking at stars. Apparently the hostess of the show was not convinced!

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

Yea, i saw that too! its a Meade refractor with tabletop mount. From the look of it, i dun think its aiming anywhere but up to the skies!! Rich people though, look at those furnishings!

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Grievous wrote:Yea, i saw that too! its a Meade refractor with tabletop mount. From the look of it, i dun think its aiming anywhere but up to the skies!! Rich people though, look at those furnishings!

Charlie
I remembered it being a full tripod mount...did you see a table?
of course rich lah...its a house complete with fish pond leh...
I also "rich" ....note my name....

:lol:
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
You, of course rich lah... If no money, just sell your "Enterprise" and you will be the richest man on earth... ha ha.. :) So, when can let us take a milky way vacation on your "Enterprise" Ha Ha... :P
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

weixing wrote:Hi,
You, of course rich lah... If no money, just sell your "Enterprise" and you will be the richest man on earth... ha ha.. :) So, when can let us take a milky way vacation on your "Enterprise" Ha Ha... :P
Dear Sir,
Thank You for your interest in a "Singapore" NCC Class Starship.
Unfortunately, for security reasons, our vessel is not opened for tours.
In anycase, at Warp speeds, you will only see star trails and not the stars themselves.

I must say it had been an invigorating and "rich" experience navigating through the Orion Nebula although our shields had to be set at maximum strength due to intense radiation. Negotiating the asteroid field around
Vega is another unforgettable experience as is warping through the clouds in M1. Should you require gratification for your curiosity, do drop by the souvenir shop at Singapore Starfleet HQ on earth for access to a wide range of memorabilia. Alternatively, the space station "Temasek" will also offer a similar range of products.

Thank You for your interest.
Live Long and Prosper
Capt, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
angeline

Post by angeline »

yeahh~ i saw that too... Its a Meade telescope, kinda small and cute... hahaA! but i dunno what is the diameter blablabla... :P but I think the lady said that the telescope belongs to her brother. But then if he nv keeps his scope in the dry box, it wun grow those fugus mehz???
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Rich people though, look at those furnishings!

Charlie

yeahh~ i saw that too... Its a Meade telescope, kinda small and cute... hahaA! but i dunno what is the diameter blablabla... but I think the lady said that the telescope belongs to her brother. But then if he nv keeps his scope in the dry box, it wun grow those fugus mehz???

So I bet the whole room is fully air conditioned 100% of the time, no worries then. 8)
Samuel Ng