Vincent Kee in Straits Times!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
starfinder

Vincent Kee in Straits Times!

Post by starfinder »

This is a little off-topic...

Hey, our able Adminstrator Vincent Kee (VinSnr) is in the Straits Times today (Wednesday 23rd Nov 2005). There is a large photo of him and two others on page 2 of the main section, regarding a share investment portal he started called

http://www.sgfunds.com.
(hmmmmm.... the format of the website looks familiar....)

This is part of a lead story on page 1's "Upfront" column. Boy, isn't he really talented in IT!!

Hey, Vincent... well done! Here is my stock pick, and it is a reference to astronomy: Celestial Nutrifoods Limited, makers of the Sun-Moon-Star brand of soya bean beverage products in China. At the present price of around 47 cents, its trading at a current Price-Earnings ratio of only about 5. (vested interest). shhh... back to astro topics now..
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

yup..saw it today...looks like a lot of big budget and cool stuff on the way!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

I was thinking, phew......no one mention anything in singastro for the whole day. Thought I have escaped until now....

Anyway, I did mention about singastro to the reporter but he didn't report that.

And no Rich, no big budget things on the way. I have focus a lot of $$$ to investment so hobbies-wise, I will not spend that much anymore.

Gavin, yes, the format of the investment website look familiar. I got the idea from here...haha
Aryanto

Same same? similar? almost?

Post by Aryanto »

Adminstrator Vincent Kee (VinSnr) is in the Straits Times today
AH so that is same Vincent as here. What a co-incidence.
hehe.

Vincent, you are in IT. I am also in IT.
I am also into investment. Been investing since I started working actually. :)

Are you vendor or in-house? :?

I am in-house head-fill from vendor. Yeah the new contract white-collar.
Working in MNC bank which has local banking license and logo is blue and green knot. :P
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: Same same? similar? almost?

Post by VinSnr »

Aryanto wrote:
Adminstrator Vincent Kee (VinSnr) is in the Straits Times today
AH so that is same Vincent as here. What a co-incidence.
hehe.

Vincent, you are in IT. I am also in IT.
I am also into investment. Been investing since I started working actually. :)

Are you vendor or in-house? :?

I am in-house head-fill from vendor. Yeah the new contract white-collar.
Working in MNC bank which has local banking license and logo is blue and green knot. :P
Haha...ok.....but I am not working in the financial industry.

That webby was started purely as a passion for investment. I didn't know it will one day catch on with so many people.

But glad to know a singastro member who are also into investment here!
Aryanto

almost same same

Post by Aryanto »

Haha...ok.....but I am not working in the financial industry.
So are you working for any hardware company? :?
Suspicious... that signature of yours... hardwarezoom.com, your own company? :?
hehehe. :P

Never mind. We get to know each other if there is event. May be a coffee session some time?

BTW, I registered already to www.sgfunds.com. :D
It is good to know someone start this. :D

I was following www.fool.com but that is too US centric, most rules dont apply but basic investment rule applies.
RyoNpepper

Post by RyoNpepper »

Thank You Vinsnr for creating such a wonderful site!! 8-) Whow, it's already under my favourites folder liao.

I'll register to the sgfund.com like right now!!

Investment Newbies like me need to log-in to the site frequently!

Cheers!!! :D

Wu
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

RyoNpepper wrote:Thank You Vinsnr for creating such a wonderful site!! 8-) Whow, it's already under my favourites folder liao.

Wu
wah....I was surprised to see this thread back here.

Actually young people should start to invest early. The moment you start working, even $100-$200 a month just to put aside into investment is also good. Young people has many years to compound returns, so by the time you reach retirement age, you are more or less financially independent. (one cannot depend on CPF anymore)

Save it in the bank forever is the worst thing one can do (and most people do this). The yearly inflation rate will eat into your savings. You will end up poorer than even before.

There are many kind of investments out there. The site will help you out.

Cheers
RyoNpepper

Post by RyoNpepper »

VinSnr wrote:
RyoNpepper wrote:Thank You Vinsnr for creating such a wonderful site!! 8-) Whow, it's already under my favourites folder liao.

Wu

Actually young people should start to invest early. The moment you start working, even $100-$200 a month just to put aside into investment is also good. Young people has many years to compound returns, so by the time you reach retirement age, you are more or less financially independent. (one cannot depend on CPF anymore)

Save it in the bank forever is the worst thing one can do (and most people do this). The yearly inflation rate will eat into your savings. You will end up poorer than even before.

Cheers
Hi Vinsnr,

How come I missed out this important thread..kekeke...yet still not to late to dig out valuble stuff isn't it! :)

Oh yes... saving hard earn money in the bank is the past liao. All my cash are park either in my company stocks(ESPP), and some other US stocks. I do have some funds (CPF) park in some AIA and prudential funds, and really the 5% upfront is a killer. Luckily most of them fetching much higher than the CPF interest, both 2.5% and 4%(OA, SA acc).
And yes, I hope I can learn from the folks in the sgfunds.com to invest my CPF on my own in future.

It's really a good learning/discussion site for me, and for my friends too.
Thumbs up to you folks! 8-)

Cheers!

Wu
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

RyoNpepper wrote:
VinSnr wrote:

Wu

Cheers
Hi Vinsnr,

How come I missed out this important thread..kekeke...yet still not to late to dig out valuble stuff isn't it! :)

Oh yes... saving hard earn money in the bank is the past liao. All my cash are park either in my company stocks(ESPP), and some other US stocks. I do have some funds (CPF) park in some AIA and prudential funds, and really the 5% upfront is a killer. Luckily most of them fetching much higher than the CPF interest, both 2.5% and 4%(OA, SA acc).
And yes, I hope I can learn from the folks in the sgfunds.com to invest my CPF on my own in future.

It's really a good learning/discussion site for me, and for my friends too.
Thumbs up to you folks! 8-)

Cheers!

Wu
Good...tell your frens to join.

I am more keen to see young people at the site than those seasoned investors.