Leaving for Australia for 3 weeks

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
nF
Administrator

Leaving for Australia for 3 weeks

Post by nF »

I am leaving for Australia tomorrow morning at 8am for my military exercise, so I will not be around to fix the bugs. Will be enjoying the leonids meteor showers there in the middle of the desert sky. Byebye all.
JY

Post by JY »

Bring a pair of binoculars : my best ever star gazing was in Australian's outback with binos on a moonless night.

Cheers

Jean-Yves
Grievous

Post by Grievous »

I think he could have a night-vision goggles and get a 'flash bang' there! Nevertheless, enjoy yourself!

Charlie
The gentle light of a distant galaxy
must needs pour into mine eye.
Or i shall with bent and turned,
fall me down, distraught..To die.
elton

Post by elton »

oops, too late to ask nova to catch the LMC and SMC from the outback. They are both up at this time of the year. Dun mind getting called up for wallaby again :P
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Was there for Exercise Wallaby 10 years back and the sky was oh so beautiful!!! Had to remind myself to keep my eyes on the road while driving at nite... :p
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Is he considered lucky or unlucky? Lucky to get non-monsoon cyrstal clear skies and unlucky no telescope to make full use of it? mmm.
Anyway, I think I solved the mystery of his avartar....should be a kangaroo...afterall, he has been in and out of Australia very often... :lol:
another idea stuck me, since he does not have a telescope, maybe he can try using a rifle sight instead??
:lol:

rich
Last edited by Airconvent on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

I think you can try to 'smuggle' a pair of compact and rugged roof prism binocs in one of your thigh pockets or 'SBO' pouches :lol: (anyway, this is my first time posting via my iPAQ pocket pc..fun 8) )
Samuel Ng
elton

Post by elton »

Managed to smuggle a whole tripod in a crate to wallaby but some cock up on the camera spoilt the chance for astrophotography. Everyone was wowed by the stars on the first night.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

sigh....I went to Australia many years back but at that time, I have not "Seen The Light" yet....so, mostly sightseeing instead of looking up....the sky would have been breathtaking ....sigh....
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
nF
Administrator

Post by nF »

I am back from the trip.... the sky there was fantastic.... looks just like out of the photo book.... LMC and SMC was one of the best there took a bino from the commanding officer to stargaze and even teached the officer cadets on contellations there.... better than mersing sky....