Frustrated with Vpost

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
VinSnr
Administrator

Frustrated with Vpost

Post by VinSnr »

Just to relate my recent experience with them. Sometimes, I do not know if it was human or robots managing vpost.

Two weeks back, I bought a scope from US. It was sent to Vpost address. I also send them my invoice (paypal receipt) beforehand. Then last week, the scope arrived in US Vpost.

Later I receive an email telling me to send in my invoice. (I thought i already send them?). An hour later, they send me an email saying they have got my invoice already. I check my records in my vpost account. Indeed, it was stated there that my parcel has arrived and they also have got my invoice. So all good and fine.....just waiting for their final email asking me to make payments.

Few days later, they again send me an email asking for my invoice. So I replied that email saying they already got my invoice!

At this point, I am still waiting for my final email asking me to make payments. They will normally send out that email on friday because they make delivery on the following Monday. If you miss that delivery, you will have to wait for next Monday and have to pay a stocking charge.

I waited and waited, no emails. And yesterday night, they again send me an email asking for my invoice! What is the problem with them? Why their system keep asking me for invoice when I already replied them saying they already got my invoice and their system has also recorded that they have my invoice already?

Did any humans read those emails?

This is not the first time this has happen. Last time when I bought my nexstar 5i, which comes in two boxes, they got confused between the boxes and my invoices and they delayed the shipment for two weeks.

There doesn't seems to be a sense of urgency among the staff at Vpost. The coordination between Vpost Spore and Vpost USA is horrible.

But the most ultimate one is the delivery of a simple package, the Meade DSI. Package arrived for two weeks sitting at Vpost USA but I was not informed. But I know it has already arrived. Finally I call them and guess what? They say there is another parcel with the same sender surname, so they are trying to sort out which parcel belongs to who! That's crazy...because while the sender surname can be the same with another parcel, the recepient name and VP number must be different! Why do they have to care who the sender is? Just see the recepient name and his VP number will do isn't it? And after sorting this out, they again ask me for my invoice which I already sent 3 weeks ago.

I got a feeling that if this continue, one day I will get a lost package from them
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

hmmm .... I never had this problem before. What I will do is I will make a phone call to them, tell them the invoice number, get the name of the person who received my call and quote the name in the email.

In that way, the person who answer my call will personally track the parcel. If she does not do a good job, it does not look good on her work performance.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

blurblock wrote:hmmm .... I never had this problem before. What I will do is I will make a phone call to them, tell them the invoice number, get the name of the person who received my call and quote the name in the email.

In that way, the person who answer my call will personally track the parcel. If she does not do a good job, it does not look good on her work performance.
Guess, we have to do it this way. Isn't it sad that the customer have to call them, state their names in the emails, before they even get to do it right?
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

oh well .... as most people said .... Singapore customer service is still a far cry from the rest of the world (even though most Singaporean will not admit to it)
river

Post by river »

any one here use Jupiter Air to ship item? I only know they have cheap air ticket if you dont mind give away half of your luggage limit.

http://www.jupiterair.com/
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Do you know about how much will it cost to ship a weight of about 40kg from USA to Singapore using VPOST? Also, about how long is the wait? Is it by air or by sea?
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Canopus Lim wrote:Do you know about how much will it cost to ship a weight of about 40kg from USA to Singapore using VPOST? Also, about how long is the wait? Is it by air or by sea?
Vpost is by courier...something like your DHL.

To know the cost, you need to find out the volumetric weight of your package. They have a formula to calculate this....you need to know the dimension of your box (go to vpost.com.sg to find out) . They either use the volumetric weight or your 40kg..whichever is higher. Assuming your box is a small one, then 40kg should be higher. If based on 40kg, the shipping rate is $260, not inclusive of GST.
blurblock

Post by blurblock »

Canopus Lim wrote:Do you know about how much will it cost to ship a weight of about 40kg from USA to Singapore using VPOST? Also, about how long is the wait? Is it by air or by sea?
What is the size?
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

I see.. thanks for the tips. I do not know exactly what is the volumetric size though.
AstroDuck
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Hi,

I think they have fairly understandable instructions on their website. If you're still not sure, we'll be happy to help. :) Basically, it is the height x breadth x length.

Cheers,
Chris