'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
ALPiNe

'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

Post by ALPiNe »

Couldn't believe it myself when I first stumbled on the news, but it did happen.. My condolences to Irwin's family.. Having lost a great wildlife icon so abruptly, I think it really caught many by surprise. Life is really unpredictable. Irwin will be missed dearly.... :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5311298.stm?ls

- ALPiNe
Last edited by ALPiNe on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuki_T

Post by Yuki_T »

Yeah... I got a real shock upon hearing the news...
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Although I did thought that one day he might get himself into accident because his way of presentation of the show... but never really thought that he will got kill by a stringray... :( :( :(

Will really miss him...
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
mrngbss

Post by mrngbss »

This is a sudden shock.. It is really unfortunate.
Wee Nghee the Pooh
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

amazing...he is so famous that coverage for his death is probably more intense than the death of a head of state!

But sad to see him die so young. He was the voice of nature.
he was one of my kids' favouite tv star.. They loved his crocodile hunter show.

Which goes to show we must always be wary on the dangers of nature.
Sometimes you are out there so often and so used to it, you forget these are animals who do not give a second thought to killing a person.
I recall a documentary in which a nature expert was so comfortable with grizzly bears he treated them as cute cuddly things even though they were actually wild animals. in the end tragically, one of the bears attacked and ate him...
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Airconvent wrote:amazing...he is so famous that coverage for his death is probably more intense than the death of a head of state!

But sad to see him die so young. He was the voice of nature.
he was one of my kids' favouite tv star.. They loved his crocodile hunter show.

Which goes to show we must always be wary on the dangers of nature.
Sometimes you are out there so often and so used to it, you forget these are animals who do not give a second thought to killing a person.
I recall a documentary in which a nature expert was so comfortable with grizzly bears he treated them as cute cuddly things even though they were actually wild animals. in the end tragically, one of the bears attacked and ate him...
so in mersing maybe we should be careful of those cows. You never know if at night they come back and charge at the field. Afterall, that field belongs to them during daytime.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Yes, I was in Angkor Wat taking pictures on the field when a group of 6-7 cows started moving quickly towards us. Although they were not charging, but the sheer size and weight of these animals made me run away quickly! In hindsight, they probably thought I was the 'owner' but I don't take chances with things I don't understand!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
river

Post by river »

Just keep the coconut trees there will do... haha
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

I bawled my eyes out when i heard the news... I really did think he was invincible you know..ANd his shows were AWESOME!! Crocs totally RULE! :) this is just too terrible... Gosh, i think i'll cry again... :( If I find that stingray, I'll barbeque it.

Crikey, I miss that gorgeous hunter so much! :( :( :( :k-sad:
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

i guess the saying "good people die young" is true huh..

but imo , he must have did something that startled the damned stingray, since its said that stingrays dont attack unless provoked.