How Did You Find Singastro ?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.

How Did you Find Singastro?

Friend/Relative/Colleague/Boyfriend/Yoda/Pluto
12%
Random Internet Surfing/Google/Yahoo
51%
Singastro Event/Obs Session
6%
School Astro Club linkup
10%
Media/Magazine/Newspapers
5%
Migrated from Yahoogroups Forum
17%

Total votes: 83

Airconvent
Super Moderator

How Did You Find Singastro ?

Post by Airconvent »

I noticed since the ST article as well as the recent Jum, the number of people coming in here has increased. Show how plain vanilla publicity can do wonders.
Anyway, I'm curious to know how you gravitated here, so do feedback and allow us to gauge which is the best way to promote Singastro traffic.

rich
Last edited by Airconvent on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Rich, why not add 1 more option for us 'old birds' who migrated from the old yahoogroup.
David Lian

Re: How Did You Find Singastro ?

Post by David Lian »

Hi Rich,
Actually I was introduced to Singastro Yahoo group by you in end 2002 when I was enquiring ur ETX105. :D
DL
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Does Yoda help anyone to find SingAstro?? :?:

Ifyou put Darth Vader, may be still acceptable... at least he'll said "Welcome to the dark side".. ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

weixing wrote:Does Yoda help anyone to find SingAstro? If you put Darth Vader, may be still acceptable... at least he'll said "Welcome to the dark side"
When all dark secrets are exposed, the truth will come to light! Nature abhors a vacuum, therefore all light rush into a black hole 8-)

Me? I found Singastro through net-surfing many other astro sites while toying with the idea of joining TASOS :)
Yet to submit TASOS membership application form... Singastro gravitated me to the 'dark side' faster than the speed of light ;)
Last edited by alvinsclee on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kayheem wrote:Rich, why not add 1 more option for us 'old birds' who migrated from the old yahoogroup.
ok...I feel the force within! Option added.

- May the Clear Skies be with you....always..
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Lily

Post by Lily »

Ifyou put Darth Vader, may be still acceptable
I joined because my 4 years old son Junwei (nicknamed Jun Vader, twin brother of Darth Vader) wants to know all the dark secrets in the universe. With his force, we found this forum.

Lily
boothee

Post by boothee »

I found this forum from http://www.astronomyclubs.com.

May the force be with you . . . :D :D :D

8-)
boothee
1150mm, 254mm, Newtonion Reflector on EQ5 Mount with dual axis DK3 drive, QHY5 Camera, Canon 300D + Kit Lens, Yangon, Myanmar.
jennifer1611991

Post by jennifer1611991 »

Hmm.. well i googled 'singapore astronomy clubs" or something like that and singastro was third on the list :) It was a very exciting moment!
astrobabe

Post by astrobabe »

One fateful night, I laid on my balcony deck and gazed up at the sky to find many little stars winking at me from high up there. On impulse, I grabbed my star map and traced out a number of constellations - Draco, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Leo, Cassiopeia and a few others (I'd forgotten). This revived my interest in astronomy. :)
...clouds, please go away, let me see the stars today...