2 more bird images captured at Eco Lake today

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Sam,
The contrast looks much better in the 2nd pic. I think you reduced the brightness and boosted the contrast? As it is darker now, some details on the bird's head appear to be less prominent....

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

Airconvent wrote:Hi Sam,
The contrast looks much better in the 2nd pic. I think you reduced the brightness and boosted the contrast? As it is darker now, some details on the bird's head appear to be less prominent....

rich
A crazy idea just popped into my head.... how about stacking a few pics like in astrophotography?

Kay Heem
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

A crazy idea just popped into my head.... how about stacking a few pics like in astrophotography?

Kay Heem
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think that's a usual practice with the local bird photographers. I think if I had to do that, the original raw images I captured must have been really bad.
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Airconvent wrote:Hi Sam,

rich
Yeah, and I did use the sharpen feature a little too.

I think for my next set of pics, I will try out Dr Chan's recommendation - to increase the exposure a little when capturing the raw image. All the raw versions of these images I posted were already a little underexposed when I first captured them.
Samuel Ng
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

harlequin2902 wrote:

I think for my next set of pics, I will try out Dr Chan's recommendation - to increase the exposure a little when capturing the raw image. All the raw versions of these images I posted were already a little underexposed when I first captured them.
Talking about bird pics, I took this at the zoo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kayheem wrote:
harlequin2902 wrote:

Talking about bird pics, I took this at the zoo:
HI Kay Heem
for the peacock to do this, either you are dressed as colourful as a clown or you are simply at the right place and time....but still a well taken pic! :lol:

rich
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
dew

Post by dew »

Yeah, perhaps a proper APO one day. Most likely I'll settle for an APO spotting scope - like the Leica APO Televid 77 for example.
hi sam, yesterday i was at center point and i was walking past a camera shop on the 3rd level, i think its called photo max or max photo, and a leica eyepiece in a leica telescope caught my eye. it was the leica zoom eyepeice and i wanted to find out how much it was, the shopkeeper said that he doesnt sell it individually but as a package with the leica telescope. he said the package was $2000 something..

assuming he means <$2500 and that the leica was an APO telescope, it kinda struck me as a pretty good deal especially with the >$500 zoom eyepiece along with it. definately still extrememly expensive but its alot less than i thought it might be..

eu-wen
p.s. merry christmas everyone!
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

dew wrote:
Yeah, perhaps a proper APO one day. Most likely I'll settle for an APO spotting scope - like the Leica APO Televid 77 for example.
hi sam, yesterday i was at center point and i was walking past a camera shop on the 3rd level, i think its called photo max or max photo, and a leica eyepiece in a leica telescope caught my eye. it was the leica zoom eyepeice and i wanted to find out how much it was, the shopkeeper said that he doesnt sell it individually but as a package with the leica telescope. he said the package was $2000 something..

assuming he means <$2500 and that the leica was an APO telescope, it kinda struck me as a pretty good deal especially with the >$500 zoom eyepiece along with it. definately still extrememly expensive but its alot less than i thought it might be..

eu-wen
p.s. merry christmas everyone!
I was thinking more of the Orion 80mm ED. It is cheaper and takes standard eyepieces to reach greater magnification.

Kay Heem
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Well, $2000 something can also mean $2900 :lol: .

But anyway, I have to check if the shop is a genuine and authorized Leica dealer first.

Many camera shops in Singapore are selling Leica binoculars and Leica spotters, but not all are not authorized Leica dealers and those who aren't are usually selling grey market products at attractive prices, so I've to be careful there. If I get a grey market product, Leica will still service the item if anything goes wrong, but I doubt I'll be entitled by the full benefits of the (very desirable) lifetime warranty.
Samuel Ng
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Ok, just found out from my favourite shop (definately authorized Leica dealers !) -> Leica APO Televid 77 is S$2800 w/ Leica 20x-60x zoom eyepiece.

Too bad Leica dosen't have an astro adapter like what Zeiss has for their spotting scopes such that I can still use my 1.25" astro eyepieces with the scope.
Samuel Ng