2 more bird images captured at Eco Lake today

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
dew

Post by dew »

I was thinking more of the Orion 80mm ED. It is cheaper and takes standard eyepieces to reach greater magnification.

Kay Heem
yeah but the leica looks so cool and its so small and portable.. the orion 80mm ED is actually pretty long, 24'' with the dew cap on and the dew cap isnt retractable which makes it pretty bulky.. nontheless i'm hoping to get it if its in stock in feb :D at the price its just irresistable..

eu-wen
harlequin2902

Post by harlequin2902 »

Astro scopes won't work for me here, as I need absolute weatherproofing (plus shock proofing and fungus proofing), together with the lifetime warranty that spotting scope manufacturers usually offer, considering the nature of use !

That's the reason why I am looking for a spotting scope now for my newfound interest, or else I might as well just make do with the Pronto right, considering the images captured through it so far are still pretty decent, and the purple it introduces can be removed digitally.

But I don't think I want to bring that (fragile...and very heavy !) baby of mine with me on my treks along nature trails, stalking my target, hiding in the bushes etc...so I need something that can take a fair amount of abuse and not succumb easily to the elements.
Samuel Ng