really bad haze this month..

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
astrobabe

Post by astrobabe »

cataclysm wrote:lets do rain dance
I did that. That's why it rained, but not often enough. Guess I've gotta dance more often...haha...just kidding...
...clouds, please go away, let me see the stars today...
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

ariefm71 wrote:Indonesia has sent more than 1,000 fire fighters to the affected areas to douse the fires. The military and police has been deployed as well to help them. The least we can do is to acknowledge they do exist, it could have been worse...
I really pity these firefighters considering the hazards they must be exposed to while doing their job.

Anyway, 1000 fire fighters is too little, too late, considering the huge areas that are being devastated. In the short term, what we can only hope for now is for the rainy season to start, and in the long term for the Indon government to solve the root-cause of the problem, ie, indiscriminate clearing of land. All fingers and toes crossed. :roll:
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

We do see the firefighters on the news what.. how can we say they don't exist! omg..

I wish the rain will come soon, and let all the rain fall in the day so that the night sky will be clear :D

*performs rain dance with astrobabe* someone join us lol
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

zong wrote:We do see the firefighters on the news what.. how can we say they don't exist! omg..

I wish the rain will come soon, and let all the rain fall in the day so that the night sky will be clear :D

*performs rain dance with astrobabe* someone join us lol
They exist, but did you see them trying hard to put out the fire, or did u see them sitting around shaking their heads and then later go chit chat with the farmers? :D
zong
Administrator
Favourite scope: 1x7 binoculars (my eyes)

Post by zong »

i think i saw them trying to put out the fire. not with water though, just by stepping on the fire -__-

Maybe they really aren't doing anything except for when the tv camera points at them, but still that means they have firemen. Just that they are loafing firemen :P

I heard the news say also that the rain will come earliest next week. Hmm.. hurray for the rain if it does come!
Stargazing ... is an excuse to stay up past bedtime that never fails!
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

hi,
I think best for the firefighters to put out the fire is by getting maybe herds of train wild elephants to put out the fire....becoz this jumbos are very mobile where they can reach deep into the effected areas while the fighters they just far beyond reach into the areas...lol :lol: now they can do chit chatting while piggy back ride on the DUMBOS doing the command.. :lol: ( just for laugh )

amin. :cry: no stars to see.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

We do see the firefighters on the news what.. how can we say they don't exist! omg..
Indonesia has sent more than 1,000 fire fighters to the affected areas to douse the fires.
What I said about there being no firemen in indon is meant as a sarcasm... Don't be so literal can?? :roll:
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
soulfrost

Post by soulfrost »

they might as well throw those people who burnt the forest into the forest! SUFFER THE MIGHT OF THEIR OWN DOING! >=(
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

psi down to 39 but still can't see any stars.
should've bought one of these :D
amin7074

Post by amin7074 »

hi,
did managed to see the stars yesterday but don't know what constellation it is.. :oops: becoz the star magnitude is very poor..hope to see the sky improve better each day with cloudless sky and of course the haze with low PSI level..... :roll: can anyone tell me what constellation is up at 20.00pm daily?????

amin :oops: