Hazynights Chat

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
chrisyeo

Hazynights Chat

Post by chrisyeo »

Really agree with those who said that every since the weather turned bad, there has not been much on this forums except equipment discussions.. :) So to just chit-chat a bit (since we can't observe), I'd like to ask some questions:

1. Do you think the weather in Mersing is any different from Singapore?

2. Any astronomy events or activities coming up? School competitions, exhibitions or talks?

3. Anyone going up to Malaysia for seafood? Klutz, going Holiday Inn Plaza anytime?

4. Who has been joining Zongyao for his Toa Payoh observation? The weather has been so bad that I haven't joined him there yet! :oops: Actually, quite bad luck that past few weeks you couldn't even see the moon!

Cheers,
Chris
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

I will be going to my friend's place near Desaru for a 'holiday' over next weekend. Hopefully, the haze and clouds would go away when I am there. Hoping to catch the Orionids... but don't seem to have a real high chance of doing that.
AstroDuck
Lily

Post by Lily »

Who has been joining Zongyao for his Toa Payoh observation?
I have been saying I want to join Zongyao but as you said luck has not been with us for the past few weeks, sigh! Virtually no outdoor activities for me and kids, so have been an uninteresting human being since then.

Lily
klutz

Post by klutz »

2. Any astronomy events or activities coming up? School competitions, exhibitions or talks?

3. Anyone going up to Malaysia for seafood? Klutz, going Holiday Inn Plaza anytime?

4. Who has been joining Zongyao for his Toa Payoh observation? The weather has been so bad that I haven't joined him there yet! Actually, quite bad luck that past few weeks you couldn't even see the moon!
1. Haven't seen the worst of the Mersing sky... can't really compare much. But it's average is already slightly better than Singapore, I would say (comparing with my 2nd trip)

2. Waiting to see more submission to our photography contest... :)

3. Anytime, preferably on Sats, if you were to suggest in advance. Perhaps I can book our "chauffeur". Otherwise, public transport ain't that bad since we won't be staying too late. Can be arranged!

4. "Toa Payoh" starts with "T". "Tampines" also starts with "T"... but they are sooooo far apart... Plus the haze and everything... Am waiting for WX's last-min-alert!

I'm becoming to be Lily #2 already... an uninteresting human being since.. haha
You know dat children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers...
astrobabe

Post by astrobabe »

I can only respond to #3. My weekends are mostly spent in Johor. So if anyone's keen to help me co-organize a seafood trip, I'd be happy to oblige. :) IMHO, the seafood location is pretty dark cos it's along the coast and there're very few street lights in kampung areas.
...clouds, please go away, let me see the stars today...
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

Anyone interested to go Mersing next week or the week after? I can go either Friday or Saturday.