your OTHER hobbies!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

starfinder wrote:Canine psychology as a hobby? That's intriguing. Tell us a bit about your views on this?

I happen to hold the view that not only can many species of animals think, but many have highly complex intelligence and emotions, just like humans. Many scientists (not all of course) insist that animals cannot think and that they are only responding to stimuli. Totally incorrect in my view. Just live with a dog for a few years...
Ahh.. I think we need to start a new thread on this if we are going to go in depth. In summary, I do not believe that dogs are mechanistic. Neither do I think they have human intelligence. What they have is 'canine intelligence' and it works very well!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

ariefm71 wrote:Public, NASDAQ:MEAD
Just had a look at their figures - failed my stock screen on ROE (-45.24%) and Profit Margin (-11.52%).

Will give it a pass...
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
chrisyeo

Post by chrisyeo »

Anyone tried Geocaching before?

www.geocaching.com
yanyewkay

Post by yanyewkay »

starfinder wrote:Canine psychology as a hobby? That's intriguing. Tell us a bit about your views on this?

I happen to hold the view that not only can many species of animals think, but many have highly complex intelligence and emotions, just like humans. Many scientists (not all of course) insist that animals cannot think and that they are only responding to stimuli. Totally incorrect in my view. Just live with a dog for a few years...
i totally agree with you, my grandma has 2 dogs in m'sia. When 1 was poisoned by some evil passer by :evil: the other was so depressed he went into hiding for over a month. Coming out only to eat and to clear bowels. Nothing could tempt him to come out to play and almost every night you could hear him whining which I interpret as "crying" :cry: