Oh No! I can't drive to Mersing anymore!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Oh No! I can't drive to Mersing anymore!

Post by Airconvent »

Read the news today in the Sunday Times?
The Malaysian Traffic Police has finally put their feet down to say cars (even foreign ones) not adhering to their windows transparency requirements will be banned from entering malaysia.
For Singapore, legal means min 70% light transmission for front and 25% for side and rear windows.
Malaysia's requirement is min 70% for front BUT min 50% for side and rear windows.
I normally do not have solar film for my old car but it came with the new one and according to the Rikecool website, the rear is 40%! Which means I am legit in Singapore but not so in Malaysia!
Seems ridiculous I have to strip my solar film just so I can enter malaysia but that's the case now....sigh...
Any of the other Mersing drivers have these tintings?
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Canopus Lim

Post by Canopus Lim »

Mine is also RikeCool!! Hey it is a Msian company how come not legit in Msia?
I think I will talk to the boss who installed it for me to see if he can change it to one legal for Msia. I paid a few hundred bucks for it..
AstroDuck
Clifford60

Post by Clifford60 »

I think mine is still OK, fitted about 2 yrs ago, not so dark at the back. Need to check the cert.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

ok....the last time when I checked the website, they indicated 40% VLT but strangely, when I checked the website again just now, ALL their products have at least 61% transmission with the front windscreen being 80%.
I wonder if the Malaysian gets catch us, what avenue we have to prove we are legit ? The cert that came with the car did not even certify what model used and I "kay-kiang" (act smart) already threw the logo away! :( I hated all those stickers at the back...maybe can drop by their service cnetre to get another one. Last time I went there for follow up check, they were not able to give me a cert certifying it is compliant. The lady there said " sure ok lah...no problem".
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

Hiayo Rich when I first read the title of your post I thought you are going to be a father again or something... hahaha :mrgreen:
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

acc wrote:Hiayo Rich when I first read the title of your post I thought you are going to be a father again or something... hahaha :mrgreen:
I have so many "children" now...some in the dry box..hahaha
zirconion

Post by zirconion »

Airconvent wrote:ok....the last time when I checked the website, they indicated 40% VLT but strangely, when I checked the website again just now, ALL their products have at least 61% transmission with the front windscreen being 80%.
I wonder if the Malaysian gets catch us, what avenue we have to prove we are legit ? The cert that came with the car did not even certify what model used and I "kay-kiang" (act smart) already threw the logo away! :( I hated all those stickers at the back...maybe can drop by their service cnetre to get another one. Last time I went there for follow up check, they were not able to give me a cert certifying it is compliant. The lady there said " sure ok lah...no problem".
Sorry side track a bit. Can you tell me where is Rikecool office? I just replaced my front wind screen and need to get the front film again.
Thanks!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

zirconion wrote: Sorry side track a bit. Can you tell me where is Rikecool office? I just replaced my front wind screen and need to get the front film again.
Thanks!
you can actually get it replaced at your car's service centre. at least that is how it is for my Kia. My windscreen was cracked less than a week after I got it from a pebble hit. C&C offered to replace the front windscreen solar film for $200. Apparently, the installer for rikecool is stationed at the service centre.
In the end I declined and went for 3M instead ($250).
mySG_jy

Post by mySG_jy »

does anyone know that the original factory windows meet the requirement? and exactly how to know what is the %
zirconion

Post by zirconion »

Airconvent wrote:
zirconion wrote: Sorry side track a bit. Can you tell me where is Rikecool office? I just replaced my front wind screen and need to get the front film again.
Thanks!
you can actually get it replaced at your car's service centre. at least that is how it is for my Kia. My windscreen was cracked less than a week after I got it from a pebble hit. C&C offered to replace the front windscreen solar film for $200. Apparently, the installer for rikecool is stationed at the service centre.
In the end I declined and went for 3M instead ($250).
Ok Thanks! I shall check with the service centre first.

Hope can join you guy for some OB on of this day. New to Astronomy :D