having fun with your telescope?

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
rcj
Vendor

having fun with your telescope?

Post by rcj »

Hi all,

Ever wondered for those who have meddled and played around with various telescopes (either from their course of ownership or from sessions/gatherings), which telescope gave u the most joy, or had a deep impact on you in observational astronomy or astrophotography? and it may not necessarily be an expensive jewel (or perhaps it is, etc)...

It would be interesting to hear your experiences! :lol:
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
ariefm71

Post by ariefm71 »

My first scope (ETX90) and my first C8
kayheem

Post by kayheem »

CC's portaballs.

Absolutely a joy to track and fantastic views!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

kayheem wrote:CC's portaballs.

Absolutely a joy to track and fantastic views!
using the word in plural seems to denote something naughty..hahaha.
In any case, he has only one now because the first one has been sold to Mooey...and yes I agree, the views are breathtaking. On one occasion on a clear night, I thought I was in Mersing! :D
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
cataclysm

Post by cataclysm »

CC's portaballs.
On one occasion on a clear night, I thought I was in Mersing!
I think i am missing something here.....yet to peek through a 'light bucket'. hee..hee
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Haha , the ever reliable C8 from Singapore Poly astros !
Especially on a rugged CG5 mount.
Countless items seen through the scope !
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
Meng Lee

Post by Meng Lee »

Remus's Pentax scope started my apo fever. Oops.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Ever wondered for those who have meddled and played around with various telescopes
You mean my low cost china made Newtonian?? Yes... with so many "moving parts" to play with, it can be quite fun especially on cloudy night when you are not observing... ha ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, elton's 10" Teleport is really a joy and fun to use... excellent 10" mirror, Digital Setting Circle, Dew Heater and eyepiece storage space all in one portable package... best of all, the setup and pack-up are super fast and easy... you can't ask for more... :)

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Jin Peng

Post by Jin Peng »

Long-lived RP's R200SS and 3inch BORG. It is amazing!
vhuang168

Post by vhuang168 »

I would have to say my AP180EDT.

I've had oppertunities to look thru many many different scopes of various types and sizes here in Cali (including more then a few 20+" dobs) but the best experiance I've had was with the AP180EDT.

Things just seem to pop!! Contrast was amazing and I can squeeze a lot of detail from the smallish (as compared to 20" dobs) aperture!! Biased? Not really because the first AP180EDT I looked thru was not mine. I got mine based on that experianced and most nights when I have the chance to look thru it, I always come away amazed and satisfied with what I've seen.

Now, I'm not saying the 22" dob I looked thru was no good, it was really really good!! But the image was 'flatter', the AP seemed to have depth while the dob was compressed. Of course eyepiece choice had a lot to do with the image but in both cases it was with Televue eyepieces and usually Naglers or Panoptics.

It was a sad day when I sold it!! But the AP155 that replaced it sure got more use then the monster AP180 got.

Vincent
(aperture fever is still running rampant in my system so I ordered a Plettstone 18" f4.2 dob... drool... can't wait!!)