Star Trek Goodies

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

starfinder wrote:
Airconvent wrote:The bashing has begun!

I read the book on how Kirk beat it and its not so childish and brash.
That's right! Chris Pine was not just flippant, he was childish and brash in that scene. How silly, munching greedily away at an apple whilst doing the test. Yucks! And all that skirt chasing.... William Shatner must be appalled, he should get TJ Hooker to arrest the young Kirk.

I'm sure it's the director's fault. I hereby call for those scenes to be deleted and Star Trek 2009 re-released! Plus a $10 cinema voucher to all who watched the first one. Haaa...
actually Paramount would not bother. While they lost a small portion of the star trek fans, they gained more viewership from non-trekkers who want action all the way. But they are hoping to put in some extra to justify you buying the DVD, hence the extra footages. I don't think they need to refilm alot because usually they film hours of such "un-used" scenes and put in what they think is necessary for the show. When the DVD is released, they add them back as "deleted scenes" under special features.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

not really a star trek fan, but thought it would be interesting to let u guys know that over here....i've failed to get cinema tickets yet again to watch the show. apparently if you try to book just 2 hours in advance, still cannot...sold out...got to book earlier! oh man...the show seems very popular here...
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

rcj wrote:not really a star trek fan, but thought it would be interesting to let u guys know that over here....i've failed to get cinema tickets yet again to watch the show. apparently if you try to book just 2 hours in advance, still cannot...sold out...got to book earlier! oh man...the show seems very popular here...
depends on the day here. I went on the first day on Thursday night and watched the 9pm show. It was 1/3 full. My friend watched it yesterday and seems the small cinema he went was full but with mostly teenagers (the type that were not around when TOS, STTNG was showing.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Jingguo

Post by Jingguo »

Hi guys i managed to catch the movie over the week. The crowd was so so. I guess was the X-men fever and the new release of Dan Brown movie muz have pull some crowd away. The movie was quite good n with some fun scene. I watched it thinking that Patrick Steward might made an appearance like he did in the latest X-men movie. I guess i got the timeline wrong.
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Haha, maybe Patrick Stewart will be the bad guy in this alternate timeline ..
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!