Star Trek Goodies

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Star Trek Goodies

Post by Airconvent »

Hi Trekkers/Trekkies,
Goodies!
:lol:

Star Trek - Of Gods and Men
It's a project undertaken to produce several episodes of a free internet Star Trek movie. This story continues from a TOS episode called Charlie when a teenager was very powerful and wrecked havoc on the Enterprise. Kirk managed to contain him and handed him over to the Talosians.
In this new arc, its is 40 years since Kirk "died" on Enterprise B and Charlie is back for revenge (the original actor reprises his role!). He finds Kirk dead but a new replica Constitution class StarShip commanded by Capt Uhura with Commander Chekov's help. The special effects is not that good but its worth an trekker's salt to see the original TOS cast back in action in a Star Trek setting (instead of Heroes or Bayblon 5!)
The link is here :
http://startrekofgodsandmen.net/

Star Wreck
I think this one is better because the special effects is much more refined and the battle scenes are very very good! Done by a Finnish amatuer team over several years. Its a free full length movie. Its a parody of star trek, you you get Emperor Pirk (instead of Kirk), Twisted Core (warp core), Light Balls (photon torpedoes), Twinklers (instead of Phasers) Info (instead of Data), Dwarf (instead of Worf). You can watch it online or downloand the 500MB movie.
Its free!
http://www.starwreck.com/

Live Long and Prosper!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Finally! Thanks for posting - the reception on my handphone was very bad when you called so I couldn't catch everything you said!

Cheers!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Star Wreck
I think this one is better because the special effects is much more refined and the battle scenes are very very good! Done by a Finnish amatuer team over several years. Its a free full length movie. Its a parody of star trek, you you get Emperor Pirk (instead of Kirk), Twisted Core (warp core), Light Balls (photon torpedoes), Twinklers (instead of Phasers) Info (instead of Data), Dwarf (instead of Worf). You can watch it online or downloand the 500MB movie.
Its free!
http://www.starwreck.com/
It's was very, very nice and excellent special effect... as good as does done by the professional film maker. :shock: :shock:

Very amazing that this was done by amateur... EXCELLENT!!

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

Looks good !
Finally some new trek stuffs.
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Just finished watching 'Star Wreck'. Very enjoyable! True to it's title, I've never seen so many spaceships destroyed in one movie before!

So sad my favorite Excalibur was destroyed! But the rebooting scene was funny...

Kudos the team who made this film!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Tachyon wrote:Just finished watching 'Star Wreck'. Very enjoyable! True to it's title, I've never seen so many spaceships destroyed in one movie before!

So sad my favorite Excalibur was destroyed! But the rebooting scene was funny...

Kudos the team who made this film!
or the scene where Info reported after a massive attack the coffee o-matic was off line! :lol:
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
alvinsclee

Post by alvinsclee »

Oh no... these goodies are going to wreck my lazy weekends...

Thanks for the post, fellow trekkie :)
Sam Lee

Post by Sam Lee »

hahah, sounds fun. I cant seem to get the first movie to work.
its keeps buffering. Did you guys have any luck?
We are the Borg, Resistance is Futile!
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

Not if you download the movie from the US mirror site.
rcj
Vendor

Post by rcj »

you guys are really Star Trek aficionados!! BTW, though I'm not...I love the music...especially the older 'retro' ones. They have quite a few on the Telarc label....
Photon Bucket
http://www.celestialportraits.com
Facebook page: celestialportraits