Sim Lim salesman sells $600 camera lens for $1200

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Gary

Sim Lim salesman sells $600 camera lens for $1200

Post by Gary »

Buyers beware:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp ... a_600.html

Word of advise to wives/ladies buying tech gifts for husband/boyfriend, consult your other male techie friends first before buying! :)
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

haha its the same if u try buying anything at cathay photos! if u just look at the price tag and pay according to it u just got urself a new (roberto) nick. the least she could do is to compare the prices between at least 2~3 shops. there tonns on camera shops there in simlim
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

I always assumed Cathay was decent.. I got most of my Pentax stuff in the Marina Square branch and they're not too far off from Adorama prices.. well last I checked..

I've never been to Sim Lim Square though.. too many horror stories. I enjoy going to Sim Lim Tower though!
guangwei

Post by guangwei »

LOL! You see the comments. ''your wife dam stupid'' hahahahaaaaaa
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

.. or somebody for whom $2400 isn't a lot of money.

with the internet now doing due diligence before a purchase is already by default.
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

I wouldn't say it is expensive for some people. Just think of the new-rich from China, India and Russia. They are known for their buying spree.
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

haha yes but with cathay u have to ask for a discout ! the price on the tag is usally way more than they are willing to sell! they placed a 459 sgd tag on my lowepro classified bag ! after asking for a small discount i got it at ard 260