Yet another Bromo trip!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
swat_pup6433

Yet another Bromo trip!

Post by swat_pup6433 »

Woooo looks like alot of people are visiting Bromo and ijen this year!~ next time i know who to look for when the volcano around us is gonna go POOP. wanted to go to mount mayon in January when it is at alert status 4. those lovely lava flowing can be shot at night from 8km away! but noone wanna go with me..

so well.. back to the topic. for those interested in going for the bromo/ijen trip. I have made a short video clip on my trip there earlier in march. didnt know anyone else who would be interested... so well.. here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEW6l2geNg

Also I would recommend this group called sg trekkers. whom i suppose some of you were there with. they did a really good job with logistics and making sure everything goes smoothly.. and i would say not a typical "earl on the safe side" trekking group!

for photo slides of the trip please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/27449192@N ... /lightbox/#/
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

got the nostalgic feeling staring at all the old photos. so i decided to make a HDR version of the bromo sunrise from some forgotten raws.

Last edited by swat_pup6433 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
weixing
Super Moderator
Favourite scope: Vixen R200SS & Celestron 6" F5 Achro Refractor
Location: (Tampines) Earth of Solar System in Orion Arm of Milky Way Galaxy in Local Group Galaxies Cluster

Post by weixing »

Hi,
Nice... Hmm... really look like an oil painting... ha ha ha [smilie=good-job.gif]

Have a nice day.
Yang Weixing
:mrgreen: "The universe is composed mainly of hydrogen and ignorance." :mrgreen:
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

haha thanks!! but I was actually trying to avoid the typical "artist impression" looks in my HDRs. but seems quite hard to get the 3D looks without making them look like oil paintings
Tachyon

Post by Tachyon »

swat_pup6433 wrote:haha thanks!! but I was actually trying to avoid the typical "artist impression" looks in my HDRs. but seems quite hard to get the 3D looks without making them look like oil paintings
Try reducing the strength to between 40-60. It helps!
[80% Steve, 20% Alfred] ------- Probability of Clear Skies = (Age of newest equipment in days) / [(Number of observers) * (Total Aperture of all telescopes present in mm)]
swat_pup6433

Post by swat_pup6433 »

haha okok! will try that again! i remember my strength was set to 75