WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Post by acc »

For the first time in my life a photograph made my blood boil... Does this people have any decency at all????

http://news.ifeng.com/hongkong/special/ ... 16_0.shtml

There was even a photo of a group of filipino school girls posing happily in front of the bus.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THeSE PEOPLE? No way I am going to visit that country...
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
Gary

Post by Gary »

The Philippine president was smiling all the way during the press conferences. Anyway, those behavours doesnt represent all the Philippine population. So should not not visit that country just because of the actions of these few individuals.
Last edited by Gary on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Those are not school girls, those are policewomen. [smilie=bleeding.gif]
Chris

Post by Chris »

I am from Hong kong and i find that very screwed up and insulting. There are some things that people should never do, and one of such things is to turn a killing scene into a tourist destination.

One of the reasons why those folks get shot up so easily in the bus is that they never go NS. The gunman was 55 years old, meaning an average person in pesA/B can take him out easily.
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

What is wrong with these people is that most Filipinos are poor and poorly-educated. Familiar with the phrase "bread and circuses?" Sadly, it applies to the vast majority of my countrymen. They are easily amused/distracted and politicians exploit that vulnerability for gain and to conceal their own incompetence and venality.

And as you've seen.. life is cheap. Just last November those 60-plus journalists and women were massacred in Southern Philippines. It's already been half-forgotten. And during Typhoon Ketsana over 2,000 people drowned like rats (incidentally my old car got submerged to the roof.. my personal, insignificant-by-comparison loss).
acc
Administrator
Favourite scope: Mag1 Instruments 12.5" Portaball

Post by acc »

fizzy123 wrote:Those are not school girls, those are policewomen. [smilie=bleeding.gif]
oh sorry I wasn't clear. the photo of school girls posing cheerfully in front of the bus is from another website.
We do it in the dark...
Portaball 12.5"
Takahashi Mewlon 210
William Optics 110ED
...and all night long!
fizzy123

Post by fizzy123 »

Chris wrote:I am from Hong kong and i find that very screwed up and insulting. There are some things that people should never do, and one of such things is to turn a killing scene into a tourist destination.

One of the reasons why those folks get shot up so easily in the bus is that they never go NS. The gunman was 55 years old, meaning an average person in pesA/B can take him out easily.
Hi Chris, I doubt it has anything to do with having NS or not. Even with NS, I doubt everyone will muster enough courage and valour to confront an armed assailant. Besides, even if he is old, you never know if he had rigged explosives to himself or the bus, thus it would be a wiser option not to agitate him too much. I am not sure if you need to do NS, but I assume you can visualize and understand that NS is not a magic (solve all) bullet.

After reviewing the CNA footages, the police did have many opportunities in apprehending or killing him. There were moments that he seem relaxed, sanguine and slacken with his guard, especially when he stood at the doorway speaking to the negotiator with his M-16 in a reverse forward sling position. I wonder how the situation will play out if the police decided to take decisive actions then?
orly_andico

Post by orly_andico »

The police were incompetent. Due to a turf war, the special forces squad was not allowed to handle the situation, so the cops there were ordinary traffic cops. That's why they didn't have breaching charges or even body armor.
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

With more people taking pictures these days it had to happen sooner or later. The other day on the local news about the guy who fell on the car, a female onlooker can be seen furiously taking photos on her DSLR. But agree the situation was poorly handled and if turf war was the reason, all the more reason the President should kick some butt and wake everyone up that community is more important than turf. But he probably has an uphill task if such practises is deeply etched into the culture.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
vivid

Post by vivid »

Hai....very sad lah.... You can't blame the country or whatever, something just went wrong in the system/society, like in many other countries as well.

More news in clubsnap, there are some appledaily clips : (orly, I am sure some the views in there do not represent the most of us)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750712

Apparently its very different in China (literally no human rights)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-AgnIHjVAE