Space Battleship Yamato

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
Gary

Post by Gary »

http://www.astro.sg
email: gary[at]astro.sg
twitter: @astrosg

"The importance of a telescope is not how big it is, how well made it is.
It is how many people, less fortunate than you, got to look through it."
-- John Dobson.
Enterprise

Post by Enterprise »

This show was crap!
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Won't know till I see it. Those who are familiar with the old anime and liked it should find this movie satisfactory. Was away in Europe for 2 weeks and to my delight, the flight had this movie available! But when i tried to load it, it made me watch some adverts and then say "selected option not available"!!
arrggggg. Anyway, I suspect it was from 1 Apr as the inflight movie guide put it under the Apr issue. sigh...omorrow hope can squeeze some time to watch it in the evening. Thank Goodness the run not ended yet!
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets
kensou

Post by kensou »

the movie started last week ^^
Airconvent
Super Moderator

Post by Airconvent »

Just went and saw it. Wow...Loved it! Well worth the $10 I paid.
If only I managed to get a better seat. can't believe it was almost full house even after so many days. Had to sit in front to the left. Some changes from the anime but that is expected.

If you like anime, or liked the original cartoon, this meets all expectations.
if you're expecting Hollywood sophistication, it may not be your cup of tea because like in all anime, it goes overboard and over dramatizes sometimes.

In anycase, the only part I did not like was the copying of the Battlestar Galactica re-entry scene in the episode "Lay down your burdens pt 2". (or something like that. Can't remember now). And would have been great if they actually show the earth being cleansed and reborn. I must say the Captain does look an exact replica of the cartoon series.

There was this auntie (well actually my age!) sitting beside me with her daughters querying about some of the scenes and I was so tempted to tell her..hahaha.

Movie
For yamato fans and anime lovers = 9/10.
The Boldly Go Where No Meade Has Gone Before
Captain, RSS Enterprise NCC1701R
United Federation of the Planets