MBS free laser show IN your bedroom!

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Acc and All
Optics is my field and yes laser is useful too and of course lots of medical treatment using laser--but remember --under expert supervision and rigidly monitered limited dosage.What concern me is,when you look at the public response;63% answer "SHIOK";a singish word meaning "FUN;ENJOYABLE" and as indicated in the response;MBS dont entertain complain.;and knowing that the beam can get to my place and even Clementi with such brightness;I conclude that its a powerful beam that can cause public irreversible harm if directly prolong looking at;so I acted.
The harm laser can cause can be very slow showing;even blindness is slow;agonizing and irreversible.;and is a established fact in those early articles in journals and cases.Even if blindness is caused by laser,its hard to established and hence compensation rarely available---a similarity I see is the harm cause by radioactive material.All these energetic radiation(including laser) dont cause fix ;definite cases.Some may result in partial loss of sight;some loss of sight only a few years later while others may escape totally unharmed.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

And this brings me to the final comment to urge the authority to consult the university expert before allowing MBS to import and subject us to such prolong--till 2am and beyond and for some, in the living room--laser show.An analogy---
Japan had many past earthquake and survive very very well in the past;but in between 1995-2008 had been warn by a prominent Russian scientist that there will be a 9.0 mag earthquate in the year 2011(unable to pinpoint exact month and day and time).Remember-in the past 100 years the max mag is only 8.4 and remember its a LOGARITHMIC scale where 1 mean 10 times more energetic.Well,not enough precaution taken and today result.Thus when working with these might be high tech/unknown things;MAXIMUM CAUTION MUST BE TAKEN AS WE ARE WORKING IN THE UNKNOWN.Thats all .Thanks for reading.
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Well, a bit more detail on that Russian scientist prediction--
1)Prediction made in 1997--yes 14 years ago;an article predict There will be a magnitude 9 earthquake in year 2011 in NE Japan.Unable to pinpoint exact month,day, time.
2)Year 2006,Japan did sent some scientist to Russia to collect facts.After that ????.