Astronomy Article on Zao bao (now) section

Having cloudynights? Take a sip of coffee and let's chat about other things around us. From food to games, this is for all the off-topic chat.
fizzy123

Astronomy Article on Zao bao (now) section

Post by fizzy123 »

Today there is an article on stargazing for meteor shower by the local chinese daily lifestyle section. There is also a photo of Rlow with his dobsonian in one of the pictures, entitled stargazing at eastern part of Johor. the article basically introduces the readers to potential sites around the region that are suitable for stargazing. They also included section where by they listed the necesities that must be brought along for a typical stargazing trip. Lastly they also listed the year round meteor showers available for star-gazers, but the map they show is very strange as it circles the constellations and not their respective radiant points. Do check out this article for those that subscribe to local chinese daily.

[smilie=admire.gif] [smilie=bye2.gif] [smilie=bye2.gif] [smilie=bye2.gif]
rlow

Post by rlow »

Whoa...!!! I nearly missed this news! Luckily a non-Singastro friend told me about it, and another friend managed to retrieve a copy of that paper and passed it to me today.
Richard Low
superiorstream

Post by superiorstream »

Hi,Richard
You build the top instruments--a 150 apo refractor--and now one of the island largest reflector--a 15 inch Dob.You are an inspiration for our younger amateur astronomer who wants to DIY.Good job Richard.Congrads.