WTS : Meade 8" UHTC "Advanced Ritchey Chretien" (Reduced!)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
VinSnr
Administrator

WTS : Meade 8" UHTC "Advanced Ritchey Chretien" (Reduced!)

Post by VinSnr »

Hi all,

This is one of my prized possession, a scope that I have kept for years under humidity-controlled condition. I have never used it once over the last 5 years and I think it is time that it should be sold to someone who can put it to good use.

This scope is one of the earliest Meade "Advanced Ritchey Chretien" 8" UHTC SCT before they changed it to "Advanced Coma free". So it still has the words "Advanced Ritchey Chretien" written on the front. You can't find this anymore because they are all written now as "ACF". Hence, it does have a bit of collector's value here.

But the most important thing is that the earliest "ARC" batches have some of the most exquisite optics I have ever seen. The spot size is extremely tight and the star test on both side of focus is very identical. I kept this for years because it shows the best star test I have ever seen on a SCT. It was an eye opener for me at that time because I have done countless star test on MCTs and SCTs and I know what are their typical good star test look like. This scope is a level above those.

This scope comes with a bunch of goodies :
1) Losmandy Plates top and bottom of the scope. Will throw in a Vixen dovetail adaptor if you use Vixen-type mounts
2) a blue matching colour William Optics 2" SCT crayford focuser which allows fine focusing. This will remove any possible image shift ever and it's such a pleasure to use.
3) A Pacific design softcase which can protect the scope together with the WO focuser mounted!
4) A hardcase for the scope.
5) A 8" aluminum dewshield for the scope. Matching blue in colour.

The lens are in immaculate condition but the tube has some minor scuffs that doesn't bother me. Overall tube condition is 9/10.

This is a very reluctant sale but I have a Mewlon 210 lying around which yet to be used.

The above are just some photos of the scope only. Mount in pics not included.

Asking just SGD$1400 for everything (or best offer) including item (1) to (5) above. You will love the scope! First come first serve basis. PM me if you have questions.
VinSnr
Administrator

Re: WTS : Meade 8" UHTC "Advanced Ritchey Chretien" (Reduced

Post by VinSnr »

Reduced to SGD$1150 or best offer. A few offers so far, so hopefully a lower price will attract more people.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Up for sale!

Will consider best offer.
Ozincm
Favourite scope: my new baby.. the Tak Mewlon 210

Post by Ozincm »

Hi do you still have the Meade? I stay in chiangmai, Thailand and am looking to purchase a new scope.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

Ozincm wrote:Hi do you still have the Meade? I stay in chiangmai, Thailand and am looking to purchase a new scope.
Yes, I still have it. PM me if you are keen and we can discuss logistics.
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

still available for best offer!
VinSnr
Administrator

Post by VinSnr »

up for best offer
hansgalaxy

Post by hansgalaxy »

PM Sent
narendralv

Post by narendralv »

Hi, Do you still have the scope. I am from India. I have somebody in SG who can pick this up for me. Thanks!
Ozincm
Favourite scope: my new baby.. the Tak Mewlon 210

Post by Ozincm »

Hi do you still have this OTA? Thanks Greg