WTS: Bracket Clamp for Vixen Dovetail [New] - SOLD

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Hardwarezone
Favourite scope: maksutov

WTS: Bracket Clamp for Vixen Dovetail [New] - SOLD

Post by Hardwarezone »

Bracket clamp for vixen dovetail
437gram
compatible with portaII , twilight I -- direct fit on the 60mm apart holes with 2 bolts provided by me (common 1/4" camera thread)
also compatible for lxy-astroslew-tektour-AIM2"-INOX4" , skywatcher skytee2 on the inner 2 bolts 35mm apart M8 size diameter, thread size unknown.
$80 *sold*

Meetup at Choa Chu Kang MRT or Bukit Panjang MRT (downtown line) or under my block
PM me

old thread here , note the differences
the $80 clamp I am selling now have different knob , clamp rail slot , goo-grease in the threading for resistance , slightly brighter anodise coating
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14133
Last edited by Hardwarezone on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardwarezone

Re: WTS: bracket clamp for vixen dovetail [new]

Post by Hardwarezone »

Finally fixed my own set.
The original bolts with the T1 mount wasn't compatible as the new bracket is thinner by a few MM causing the original bolt to touch the internal gear, too long.
I ordered shorter M6 bolts as that's what the bracket manufacturer specified M6 M8 compatible , the thread size compared closely was obviously different to the original bolts.
Ordered the correct 1/4" x 20 tpi bolts , first package lost in mail , reordered. Mounted after a few months delay ... sweet.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/172388917584 ... EBIDX%3AIT

easy method to confirm matching thread size of 2 different bolt

I highly recommend adding a third 1/4" bolt as stopper on the dovetail incase the telescope slide off the mount when the clamps unexpectedly loosen, which there are numerous stories on Cloudynights forum.
I cannot provide this 3rd bolt , only have 2.

These are sample pics from my own set, I am selling the extra set new unused.
Hardwarezone

Re: WTS: Bracket Clamp for Vixen Dovetail [New]

Post by Hardwarezone »

bump...