WTS: Celestron Filters Kit (SOLD)

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
Bergkamp_
Favourite scope: Telescope that i can bring out

WTS: Celestron Filters Kit (SOLD)

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Filters - Colored filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. All of the planetary filters included in the 1.25” Eyepiece can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.

Eyepiece filters are an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.

Most quality eyepieces have threads in the base of the tube to accept filters. Many manufacturers use the same threading.

The effectiveness of the filters depends on several factors, including: the aperture and focal length of the telescope, the magnification being used, and seeing conditions. Here are descriptions of what to expect from each filter: Yellow, Orange, Red, Blue, Green, Violet, ND and Polarizing–in different observing situations. At the same time, you’ll become familiar with the astounding variety of enhancements available through these simple accessories. Also given for each filter is the percentage of light transmitted (T).

Selling

#80A Blue Filter - 1.25”

Moon – Enhance lunar detail.
Jupiter – Enhance the boundaries between the reddish belts and adjacent bright zones. Useful for viewing the Great Red Spot.
Mars – Very useful during the violet clearing. Helpful in studying surface features and polar caps.
Mercury – Improve observation of dusky surface markings at twilight, when the planet is near the horizon.
Saturn – Enhance low-contrast features between the belts and zones
Venus – Useful for increased contrast of dark shadings in upper Venusian clouds.
Comets – Bring out the best definition in comet gas tails.

#58A Green Filter - 1.25”

All observing information for this filter is the same as that given for the #56 Green filter, with the exception of the following:

Saturn – Enhances white features in the Saturnian atmosphere.
Comets – Useful for observing brighter comets.

#56 Light Green Filter - 1.25”

Moon– Enhances lunar features.
Jupiter – Increases visibility of the Great Red Spot. Useful for observing the low-contrast hues of blue and red that exist in the Jovian atmosphere.
Mars – Excellent for increased contrast of Martian polar caps, low clouds and yellowish dust storms.
Venus – Useful for Venusian cloud pattern studies. Reduces brightness of blue sky during daylight observing.

#25 Red Filter - 1.25”

Moon – Improves lunar features.
Jupiter – Useful for studying bluer clouds.
Mars – Ideal for observation of the polar ice caps and features on the Martian surface. Sharpens the boundaries of yellow dust clouds.
Mercury – Improves observation at twilight, when the planet is near the horizon. During daylight, it reduces the brightness of the blue sky to enhance surface features.
Saturn – Useful for studying bluer clouds.
Venus – Use during daylight observing to reduce brightness of blue sky. Occasionally deformations of the terminator are visible.

#21 Orange Filter - 1.25”

Moon – Greatly enhances lunar features.
Jupiter – Improves appearance and detail revealed in structure of Jovian belts. Enhances viewing of festoons and polar regions.
Mars – Reduces light from the blue and green areas which darken the maria, oases and canal markings, while lightening the orange-hued desert regions. Also sharpens the boundaries of yellow dust clouds.
Mercury – Reduces the brightness of blue sky during daylight observing, to reveal surface features.
Saturn – Improves structure of the cloud bands and highlights blue polar regions.
Venus – Use during daylight observing to reduce brightness of blue sky. Comets–Enhances definition of comet dust tails and heads in larger telescopes (11" and greater aperture).
Solar – When using some Mylar Solar Filters, adding this orange filter will give a truer color rendition.

#12 Yellow Filter - 1.25”

Moon – Enhance lunar features.
Jupiter – Penetrate and darken atmospheric currents containing low-hue blue tones. Enhance orange and red features of the belts and zones. Useful for studies of the polar regions.
Mars – Reduce light from the blue and green areas which darken the maria, oases and canal markings, while lightening the orange-hued desert regions. Also sharpen the boundaries of yellow dust clouds.
Neptune – Improve detail in larger telescopes (11" and larger apertures).
Saturn – Penetrate and darken atmospheric currents containing low-hue blue tones. Enhance orange and red features of the belts and zones.
Uranus – Improve detail in larger telescopes (11" and larger apertures).
Venus – Reveal low-contrast surface features.
Comets – Enhance definition in comet tails.

All for $50, contact me at 94570145.
Last edited by Bergkamp_ on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Bergkamp_

Re: WTS: Celestron Filters Kit ($50)

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Up!
Wee Ern aRmeD wiF Telescope reAdY tO taKe ovEr thE skY .. wIF jUst mY naKed eYEs .
Bergkamp_

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Up!
Bergkamp_

Post by Bergkamp_ »

up!
Bergkamp_

Post by Bergkamp_ »

Sold to a friendly buyer =)