WTS: Takahashi EM-10 USD with low latitude wedge [SOLD]

Have a scope to sell? Or wanna find a good deal? This is your place to buy, sell or trade astro stuff!
ivan
Favourite scope: TAK-oyaki

WTS: Takahashi EM-10 USD with low latitude wedge [SOLD]

Post by ivan »

Hello,

I have a Takahashi EM-10 USD with low latitude wedge and pier extension for sale. I bought it from astromart several months back, but haven't quite used it. After receiving the mount I realised that it was still a little too heavy for what i wanted it for, which was a lightweight mount for telephoto lens imaging. I did a power up and test slewing, and it seems to work well and the buttons are very nicely responsive. Unfortunately it seems like it is going to become a white elephant with my main imaging mount still around, so I am going to put this up for sale.

This mount is the smallest mount in the Takahashi range that has a dual axis drive, but has the same basic design and world-renowned engineering precision as the larger mounts in the series. This is the USD version of the mount, which means that it does NOT have GOTO or high speed slew capability (as opposed to the Temma versions), but is dual-axis driven and can be autoguided for astrophotography. It runs on a standard 12V power supply, and without high speed slew or goto, I would suspect that it consumes very little power.

Asking 1650. For another 150 I'll include the 1.5" ioptron tripod that fits perfectly. Else you can use any tripod with 3/8" thread and (preferably) large flat top.

Comes with autoguiding (GPUSB) cables. Please note that it does NOT have a dovetail saddle. You will need to buy that separately if you are using a non-takahashi scope.

Contact me at 90029906 via whatsapp or sms.

Note that the hand controller has a missing switch to change the RA button direction, although this function doesn't really have much of a use anyway.

View/Test to your satisfaction at my place in Toa Payoh after working hours.
Last edited by ivan on Tue May 15, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a casual stargazer
ivan

Re: WTS: Takahashi EM-10 USD with low latitude wedge

Post by ivan »

Bump
Just a casual stargazer
ivan

Re: WTS: Takahashi EM-10 USD with low latitude wedge

Post by ivan »

Price lowered to 1500